Horse-Races.Net HRN's Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)|Horse-Races.Net

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping. Hosted by HRN: Horse-Races.Net

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

HISA Gets A Needed Boost   HRN Horse-Races.Net General Discussions

Started 12/24/22 by SameSteve G; 43119 views.
SameSteve G

Nov-4

Boo-Hooo.  Let them stay home if they don't like it.  Erring on the side of caution, given the blood baths we've been witness to is going to happen.  

Indian Charlie?  Trying to blame HISA when the obvious problem is dead horses.  

TexSquared

Nov-4

I think the problem is these vets are scratching horses for the most minor of issues. Like if I went to the doctor for my annual, unluckily inhale some dust and sneeze in his office at the wrong time, and he says "you have Covid go quarantine 10 days".  No test, just "too bad so sad" Hate to sound like I'm suddenly anti-HISA but this is almost like how the Pimentals got treated.  Judge jury executioner with no appeal process.

At least now it makes sense to have 4 also eligibles!  

• Edited November 4, 2023 12:44 pm  by  TexSquared
Wintertrian

Nov-4

Not HISA.   i read a post on a euro forum that tells the behind the scenes but I can't post because it's 2nd hand

Basically about what they have the horses standing/walking on for the vet checks is mickey mouse and not at all what you expect at a world class meeting...something about a bunch of rubber mats that dont come together properly at the edges, resting on sand.  Making the horses walk on that. 

SameSteve G

Nov-4

It's not HISA who is responsible for this fiasco.  It's the BC and their enhanced rules and safety measures and their over-zealous vets.  If, in fact, horses are perfectly fine and getting scratched.  Trainer vs. vet opinions?

I happen to agree with your point that if, in fact, Euros are being scratched because the US Breeders Cup wants to cut down on the competition before the races...then it's just corruption, plain and simple.

SameSteve G

Nov-4

To add:  I have never thought you were anti-HISA, just pro-common sense.  Virtually absent in US Racing.

TexSquared

Nov-5

Damn right. Indian Charlie joked about the expense of paying all these dog and cat vets to stand around.  Not just them but the "Equine Security" team.   They and the vets all wore these black jackets/vests with white lettering and it seemed there were 3 to 4 times as many black jackets as in the past.  And all week it seemed putting on that black vest put them on power trip mode.

I remember early in the week (might have been at the draw) they said this is the first BC totally under HISA rules. Maybe they said that so they can deflect criticism and just blame HISA for the shitshow they knew was imminent...

TexSquared

Nov-5

They sure seemed to pick on Euros.  I didn't know European horses were more likely to be lame vs American or Japanese horses.  It's not a good look. If they don't want Euros here, ditch the turf races...

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/273116/connections-dismayed-by-scratch-of-givemethebeatboys

• Edited November 5, 2023 1:42 am  by  TexSquared
SameSteve G

Nov-5

TexSquared said:

Maybe they said that so they can deflect criticism and just blame HISA

If I'm not mistaken, when those deaths were occurring at Churchill in the run-up to the Derby, that was CDI's excuse, as well.  That does a lot of damage to HISA and they knew it.

NO fatalities is a good result, AFAIC.  I broke even cause I didn't play.  

smartyslew

Nov-7

I never heard of Indian Charlie not the Horse , Must be a Twitter thing and I stay off Twitter.