Horse-Races.Net HRN's Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)|Horse-Races.Net

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping. Hosted by HRN: Horse-Races.Net

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BC Race Defections go here   Breeders' Cup - HRN Horse-Races.Net

Started Oct-27 by Wintertrian; 1525 views.
Wintertrian

Oct-27

if you hear of any post 'em up here.   So far I have:

Paddington -  Turf Mile.
Crown Imperial, Pearls and Rubies and Toca Madera from the Juvenile Sprint Friday.
Johannes Brahms and Legend of Time from the Juvenile Turf.
Sauterne from the Dirt Mile.
Belleza de Arteaga from the Distaff.
Piz Badile and Raptor from the Turf Classic
Anarchist from the Sprint

ChiefsCrown

Oct-28

Go Rocket Ride....Classic out?

Wintertrian

Oct-28

ChiefsCrown said...

Go Rocket Ride....Classic out?

I did not say that. 

I said that he had sore feet. DRF:  "“Richard Mandella postponed a scheduled 7-furlong work Friday for Classic contender Geaux Rocket Ride. Said the horse’s feet were a little tender after getting new shoes. Plan is to work Saturday.”

I thought to myself:  Could be the new shoes, but maybe not.  Meanwhile, he's never run a bad race, has a distance pedigree, and Mandella has a home field advantage at Santa Anita. 

Then today I read in Bloodhorse he suffered an injury and ambulance was involved-----so I guess my *gut* was right:
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/272959/geaux-rocket-ride-injured-in-work-at-santa-anita-park

In reply toRe: msg 3
Wintertrian

Oct-28

no suprise after the Bloodhorse article.  Dunno if Chief's Crown read it somewhere else before BH published the accident and it just wasn't a link he could post here.  I just wanted to say it wasn't me who broke the news, not that he was wrong.  

"condylar fracture that broke through skin. While no sesamoid fracture, ligaments are stretched. Plan is for arthrodesis Sunday. "It’s going to be a delicate situation, it’s going to be lucky to make it, but we’re going to do everything we can."

Geaux Rocket Ride out of the Classic. 

SameSteve G

Oct-29

No surprise.  Mage is out of The Classic, per trainer.  That leaves one horse from the Kentucky Derby field of 2023...

...and it's the Japanese 3 year old Derma Sotogake who finished 6th in the KD.

smartyslew

Oct-29

From the official Bc Sight 18 withdrawals  10/29/23

Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint
Crown Imperial
Pearls and Rubies
Toca Madera

FanDuel Breeders’ Cup Juvenile
Johannes Brahms

NetJets Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies
V V's Dream

Prevagen Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf
Johannes Brahms
Legend of Time

PNC Bank Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint
Caramel Swirl

FanDuel Breeders’ Cup Mile
Paddington
Sauterne

Longines Breeders’ Cup Distaff
Belleza de Arteaga
Sabra Tuff

Longines Breeders’ Cup Classic
Geaux Rocket Ride
Mage

Longines Breeders’ Cup Turf
Piz Badile
Raptor's

Qatar Racing Breeders’ Cup Sprint
Anarchist
Jasper Krone

ChiefsCrown

Oct-29

Missed The Cut next in. Mage might have made the super. This might be a blessing resting up before the Pegasus in January.

Wintertrian

Oct-29

SameSteve G said...

No surprise.  Mage is out of The Classic, per trainer.  That leaves one horse from the Kentucky Derby field of 2023...

Reality:  Mage won the KY Derby, ran 3rd in the Preakness, 2nd in Haskell. 

Then he got a "last" in the Travers.   This was his chance to redeem that, but in order to keep his previous record, he'd have to run in the money in the Classic.      So,  we will never *really know*  what exactly "fever/lost appetite" is, since U.S. bettors have no transparency and no opportunity to look at veterinary records.   So, I just took this to mean that  Delgado didn't think he could run ITM, given either his condition, post position, other horses entered, whatever else might be part of that decision.  

SameSteve G

Oct-29

Wintertrian said:

since U.S. bettors have no transparency

Exactly.  The game is hard enough when everything is on the square.  In this case, it makes the handicapping easier because Mage is a quality horse who might have figured at his best.

Wintertrian

Oct-29

SameSteve G said...

Mage is out of The Classic, per trainer.  That leaves one horse from the Kentucky Derby field of 2023...

18 horses ran in our KY Derby (after the scratches of Forte, Lord Miles, Practical Move, Skinner, and Continuar) ........ none of whom are running in the BC Classic, either.   

Kinda sad, given that the KY Derby field is supposed to be the very best horses who run in several prep races to prove their mettle, to beat others in their class and age, for 10-11 months prior to the Kentucky Derby.  :(   

23 horses in all qualified to make the gate just 6 months ago.