Horse-Races.Net HRN's Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)|Horse-Races.Net

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping. Hosted by HRN: Horse-Races.Net

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BC Distaff - Saturday R7   Breeders' Cup - HRN Horse-Races.Net

Started Oct-28 by Wintertrian; 787 views.
smartyslew

Oct-28

This will be interesting this year. The 2 pick 5's will have the Distaff race in both of them.

the Caws will maybe and I say maybe have the all in the Distaff in both pick 5's and concentrate on the other

4 races in both picks. Is there any free squares in the other 4 races ?

The Distaff has 12 entries  1 x 2 x 2 x2 x 12 or something like that !!!!

Wintertrian

Oct-29

Well R10 and 11 don't belong in this topic, but in order to answer you I have to post it here.

A lot of people think Elite Power is a free square.  And I might tend to agree excet Speed Boat Beach has some pretty good speed genes in pedigree, and then there is that Jasper Krone who hasn't chosen which race to go in (10 or 11)....Japanese trained and nobody here knows anything about him. 

So I'll go ahead and claim that one now, Jasper Krone,  as my "Japanese horse" longshot.  Odds will be killer I"m sure.  

smartyslew

Oct-29

good luck with your play ,I have no idea what the odds will be,

Actually there is no free square and its used by pick players to save time in a discussion.

Gunite beat him in the last at 7 furlongs and some thought he was a free square that day.

this race is 6 furlongs correct.

Wintertrian

Oct-29

smartyslew said...

Gunite beat him in the last at 7 furlongs and some thought he was a free square that day.

Yes, I remember because I actually had a small win wager on Elite Power.  

No point wishing me good luck since I actually haven't made any picks yet.  I will wait for the final PPs when they are all done playing "musical chairs"........one of the reasons I usually bow out of most all the BC races and just watch. 

smartyslew

Oct-29

I still liked the idea of your pick, before the scratch he has no problem getting in the turf sprint even with 21 pre entered

wait until wednesday ,I usually have my tossed horse by then and my top 2 or 3 and use my pedigree angles for the top few

or tie breakers. Performance and fitness trumps pedigree.

• Edited October 29, 2023 11:27 pm  by  smartyslew
Wintertrian

Oct-30

smartyslew said...

Performance and fitness trumps pedigree.

Performance is a tough nut to crack, tough, as horses coming from one coast to another or even a foreign track.   

No way all tracks play the same. 

There's a long list of "undefeated" horses (who are not Equinox), and they do lose. 

If you saw that Ushba Tesoro gate schooled today and he had some problems.  Acted like a 2 year old, not a 6 year old hardened race horse.   THis is what I mean.  It may mean nothing though.....does he often do this, I do not know....was he not happy, or was he "too happy"  ?   

smartyslew

Oct-30

look for horse for the course, Whos cutting back in distance, who is moving up in distance, who looks fit from races and grades of races

with their works adding to racing fitness , How they do and how many times they have shipped into a track, check all there variants

and compare that to the speed numbers giving to the variant, Best at the distance, styles a little of each kind to compare. Do the 1/8 to

go chart with the post positions , how they score early, in the middle and  late, score their splits for each section and the grade of the race

runups are more important to me in the sprints. If you like more than one horse use the pedigrees if you have a system to do that.
Many times the undeafeted race in many classes, look for the gr. one winners first and the scores for them

In reply toRe: msg 8
smartyslew

Nov-1

Post Horse Trainer Jockey Odds
1 Hoosier Philly Tom Amoss Luis Saez 20-1
2 A Mo Reay Brad Cox Christophe Lemaire 20-1
3 Pretty Mischievous Brendan Walsh Tyler Gaffalione 8-1
4 Idiomatic * Brad Cox Florent Geroux 5-2
5 Adare Manor * Bob Baffert Juan Hernandez 4-1
6 Search Results Chad Brown Irad Ortiz Jr. 5-1
7 Wet Paint Brad Cox Flavien Prat 10-1
8 Randomized Chad Brown Jose Ortiz 6-1