Horse-Races.Net HRN's Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)|Horse-Races.Net

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping. Hosted by HRN: Horse-Races.Net

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BC Turf- Saturday R8   Breeders' Cup - HRN Horse-Races.Net

Started Oct-28 by Wintertrian; 1054 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Oct-30

Am considering  using Balladeer for one of my longshots here who is present about 50-1.  Same family as Drosselmeyer.  Probably exotics only though. 

My other uber bomber longshot is Shahryar.  I am more fond of him. His win in the Group One Dubai Sheema Classic last year was really good.  I was wondering why he hasn't done well since then;  he had entrapment and had throat surgery for it in August.  I really expect him to run better now which makes him an interesting bomber longshot.  Just another Japanese trained horse for the JPN fans here.   IMHO he would have won a 2nd Japan Cup had it not been for his throat. 

Of course War Like Goddess (not sure I can back a U.S. horse in this race)  and Auguste Rodin cannot be ruled out.   I'm less interested in Mostahdaf since he's been off kinda long for my liking---seems like he is just coming along for the plane ride since they decided not to race him in the G1 Quipco Champion due to the ground, he'll probably retire after this so maybe there is a lot of intent to win this but I'll pass on those very chalky odds!;  King of Steel just ran a big race in October, I think with shipping this is too soon for him.  Onesto looks interesting.  

Horses in bold only ones I like.  

smartyslew

Oct-31

All I know right now : the 2 Frankels will be on my ticket no matter who is running.

Shahryar- 0utlier, Balladeer Lasix last 2

• Edited October 31, 2023 3:57 pm  by  smartyslew
In reply toRe: msg 3
PISTOL9

Oct-31

I always get the DRF with all the PPs, one of the reasons is they have a lot of the TF numbers.  This year I do not see a lot of the foreign horses having number.  I could understand Japan, but I am even seeing IRE races without figures.  When did they stop making those figs?

Edit saw a rumor Get Smoking tore a ligament galloping have not confirmed it

• Edited October 31, 2023 4:49 pm  by  PISTOL9
Wintertrian

Oct-31

smartyslew said...

the 2 Frankels will be on my ticket no matter who is running

I used Kelina as one of my longhots in the Sat longshot topic. 
I'm totally against Ispiral in R4 though. 
At 5/2 odds, I just can't play Mostahdaf as a win single.  I really think since he was pointed to the other race and had to pass it, and this is a last ditch effort to get him another G1 "for the shed" before he stops racing.  Why I decided on Onesto instead. 

Wintertrian

Oct-31

It's been confirmed, thanks for letting us know i will put in the decfections

SameSteve G

Oct-31

Mostahdaf/Shahryar exacta box.  Just saw a photo of Shahryar kicking up his heels prior to work.  Now that he can breathe freely, watch out.

Mostahdaf is very dangerous and loves to win.

smartyslew

Oct-31

who is Kelina and Isperal and I have only looked at 3 races .

smartyslew

Oct-31

thats a Shame , i hope the Front runnin son of a gun is ok. not many like him.

smartyslew

Oct-31

I'm down to 5 for the exotics and some bodys odds have to go up in this race.

2 for the win