Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Japan horses - KY Derby   Triple Crown

Started Feb-19 by Wintertrian; 160 views.
Wintertrian

Feb-19

Hope we get some Japan horses this year, always so entertaining.

This one looks dangerous:

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=9731029

smartyslew

Feb-19

He's bred for the classics and won that 1 mile derby prep in Japan 2/19, going easy with the flow
of the race untill about 100 yds out, nice stalking ride by the jock.
the game plan was these 4 races he won and the Dubai prep is next, then the derby.
i hope they stick to those plans with that foundation and give us a idea in Dubai.
not a derby nick,but a elite nick for the World and hes going to try to prove it on dirt .

---

Epicharis(JPN)(rf) 9e(IS),Halo/Sad. Wells(22)Di 1.20, cd .27,11/17=.70,4P,d 12 s 15 
t2/nor dan/nor dan/nor dan 4-4-0-0, 0 dc mares, 1 dc s, 1st Jpn pts race=50,won 9f @2yo
3 stam pts, 5 stam chef, 15 reines, pts S,BMS,D ok, 3dsire fw p/n
  • Edited February 19, 2017 6:10 pm  by  smartyslew
Gerh

Feb-19

It looked like Calvin coming up the rail.Heading to Dubai but haven't committed to the Derby yet.Hope he makes the trip

Wintertrian

Feb-20

Thanks for the extra info. 

Should be a neat addition to our TC races.

cubs.fan

Feb-21

I guess I'll take the bait (again) on a Japanese horse. He won the Hyacinth about as easy as a one length score can be. He really dug in on the rail, very tight quarters. A forwardly placed runner with a ton of stamina could be the key for a Japanese invader to win the Derby.