Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Beginning of March - top 20   Triple Crown

Started 3/1/17 by sphenis; 3257 views.
sphenis

3/1/17

1. Unique Bella

2. McCraken

3. Classic Empire

4. American Anthem

5. Mastery

6. Epicharis

7. Irish War Cry

8. El Areeb

9. Girvin

10. Gormley

11. Tapwrit

12. Battalion Runner

13.  Always Dreaming

14. One Liner

15. Royal Mo

16. Practical Joke

17-20. TBD

• Edited March 1, 2017 8:07 pm  by  sphenis
RAESFAN

3/1/17

1. Unique Bella

2. One Liner

3. Mastery

4. McCraken

5. Tapwrit

6. El Areeb

7. Irish War Cry

8. Classic Empire

9. Iliad

10. Gormley

11. Girvin

12. American Anthem

13. Made You Look

14. Excitations

15. Royal Mo

16. Practical Joke

17. Beasley

18. Malagacy

19. Local Hero 

20. Devileye

• Edited March 1, 2017 8:59 pm  by  RAESFAN
In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

3/3/17

I don't have 20 yet.

Gormley

Petrov

State of Honor - All that good darby dan blood with Pilfer and Golden Trail has to hit at some point but may be late-maturing

True Timber - brave horse

Epicharis

Royal Mo

Mastery

El Areeb

Tapwrit

Untrapped

Gunnevera

Silver Dust

So Conflated

Conquest Mo Money

----------------

Jury out on Practical Joke.  If he does well in FOY I will add him

Jury out on Uncontested.  Seems like better at distance he's been running and not further

Jury out on One Liner.  Good BSF but was only carrying 115 lbs.  And only getting one more prep according to Pletcher?

Jury out on McCracken til he gets over injury

Jury out on Classic Empire due to foot issue. Like State of Honor better anyway.

Jury out on American Anthem, seems like he will lack foundation even with another prep or 2

Jury out on Irish War Cry. having fallen for Sunny Ridge last year, I'm getting off the NJ-breds this year. Cavalcade and Regret are only NJ breds to ever win the KY Derby, and you have to go back quite a way.   Watching breeder's other one, Irish Strait, eh.   IWC won't be able get alone on the lead wire to wire in the KY ..... Classic Empire was washy that day, maybe a pre-cursor to the later news that his foot was not good.  

PISTOL9

3/4/17

Only three so far

1 Gormley  seems to be a bit head strong early.  You have to be at SA.  Points system, has not been as bad on those types, so considering.  Again this year not a lot of great peds this is decent. SC bmsl going for three in a row, VE going for a fourth.

2 Guest Suite has the ped, but not TF I like for KD and may be too much.  Running like a lot of others who have had who's who in their ped and everyone kept waiting for them to arrive.  Going slow early, not great with the points sys for W.

3. IWC will find out more today, but everyone on him now. PN bmsl a plus. the rest on the bot not so much.

In reply toRe: msg 4
DogsUp

3/5/17

All.   Lookin at Lee still Delta horse after this WK end. Rank of 12 with 12 Kentucky Dby points.     

Ranks 289th earnings of 21,905 North America runners. Should garner enough points in Louisiana Derby. About 40 future pt runners that could knock him out of a Derby stall.

(d).        

• Edited March 5, 2017 7:35 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 5
RAESFAN

3/5/17

Excitations didn't successfully handle his stretch out at FG today. Resiliency, the winner in that allowance race stepped up, and might point to the La. Derby next.

In reply toRe: msg 6
cubs.fan

3/7/17

Made some big changes, as half of my first list won't be panning out for the TC. After watching his races, I'm a believer in Battalion Runner. Checks all of the boxes, except for the trainer. I'm still holding out hope that Arklow sneaks in the Derby, he'll likely need a 2nd in his final prep and I'd prefer they try Oaklawn or Keeneland.

Arklow
Battalion Runner
Irish War Cry
McCraken
Guest Suite
Gormley
Gunnevera
Classic Empire
Epicharis
American Anthem
State of Honor
Lookin for Eight
Eastport
Lookin at Lee
Mastery
Tapwrit
Untrapped
Royal Mo
J Boys Echo
One Liner

• Edited March 7, 2017 9:59 pm  by  cubs.fan
In reply toRe: msg 5
DogsUp

3/8/17

Lookin At Lee is 4th in money won by Derby pt list con~tend~dahs to date.      March 8         Remember the formula for American Pharoah`s breeding  (DI 7) and  planned campaigns :        "     π÷¶ - Delta √?÷2 CQ.      ".  *        

Do not factor excellent mudder prior trips for Tr Crown races nor PPs on wet surfaces / Grass.   *Robert Bunnado

In reply toRe: msg 2
RAESFAN

3/8/17

1. Unique Bella

2. One Liner

3. Tapwrit

4. McCraken

5. Gunnevera

6. Classic Empire

7. Malagacy

8. Girvin

9. Local Hero 

10. Petrov

With the fillies, It Iz Well may be the second best filly out there. I would love to see her tackle Abel Tasman.

• Edited March 11, 2017 10:32 pm  by  RAESFAN
princeofdoc

3/8/17

Is there any indication that Unique Bella will try a prep with the boys?

I see you have Beasley down low now...I actually like him in the TB Derby, and if he does well, I think he could go on to CD and contend.  I may be placing him a bit higher myself!