Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fountain of Youth   General Discussions

Started Mar-3 by Northof64; 1711 views.
Northof64

Mar-3

Boxing

Made You Look - Irish War Cry - Gunnevera

Thinking Practical Joke in the 4th spot to fill out a Super if I'm feeling it!!

North

SameSteve G

Mar-3

I'd like to see Irish War Cry continue his winning ways.  Based on the way Motion worked him the other day, I think they are going to try to keep him off the front end & stalk the speed.

It looks like there will be some contention up front to enact this plan but it will not be a cakewalk as there are several in here who could win.

The E's & EP's have been cleaning up at 8.5f this meet.  Nothing new at Gulf.

Good luck, North.  

cubs.fan

Mar-3

This race came up really strong. Lookin for Eight's post is terrible, with some luck, maybe he can get over and sit behind the number of speedy runners, who are likely going to knock heads for the first 6f. He should follow alongside Irish War Cry.

1. Irish War Cry

2. Lookin for Eight

3. Gunnevera

Northof64

Mar-3

Thank you and Good luck to you. I agree about the speed and I think that is a good thing for IWC as a training tool weather he wins or not. I think the long shot play is Made you look at 10-1 but I doubt he stays there being Pletcher at Gulfstream with Johnny V. Sounds like Beasley will be a scratch and go to Tampa to try and get some points now that Mck is out.

North

SameSteve G

Mar-3

Made You Look can hit the board at a price.  When you get a minute, take a look at the horse for the course.  Three Rules is 6-5-1 at Gulf, he's got the back figs & should be ready 2nd off the bench.  Downside is that the trainer doesn't know how to win 2nd off the bench!  I don't think he'll win but he could land in the money at generous odds. 

If he gets hooked up in a duel, his chances go down.  If he sits, his chances go up.

Northof64

Mar-3

All excellent handicapping points. It's one of those deals that if he wires the field I kick myself because it seems so obvious yet I avoided it.  I just think he is a 7f-8f type.  I know he won at 8.5 but I just think he is over rated.  The distance and class IMO will get him on Saturday and I expect him to be backing up around the last turn. There it is, the kiss of death for me :)

In reply toRe: msg 6
Wintertrian

Mar-3

Race looks pretty chalky.  Think I'll play the gotham instead. 

In case anyone is interested, here is the peruvian horse's race  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYMQTbj8LHs

cubs.fan

Mar-3

Broke his maiden at 12 furlongs. Crazy.

SameSteve G

Mar-3

" The distance and class IMO will get him on Saturday and I expect him to be backing up around the last turn."

I believe you are correct about the "class" element especially if he decides to knock heads.  Then, when he's cooked it will look like the distance got him.  

I wouldn't go near him for anything less than his m/line and then only for 3rd or 4th if I was going that deep.

Don't even entertain kiss of death thoughts, man!  :)

Wintertrian

Mar-3

cubs.fan said...

Broke his maiden at 12 furlongs. Crazy.

Yes, his 2nd career race. and he raced against horses 6 months older. 

You may remember the trainer, who also trained Tomcito, a Street Cry colt, who I remember liking when he was training toward the Derby.  He ran 3rd in the Florida Derby (Big Brown was running in this one) after winning this same Derby Nacional (G1).  

(of note, this FOY is considered his prep for the Florida Derby, so it will probably just be a tightener/look-see for US track). 

By the way, didn't mean to call him a peruvian horse, he is a KY bred, Drosselmeyer is his sire, Macho Uno is his BMS.  So I think he can run a route.  :)  He's not very fast though and South American racing programs don't seem to match up very well w/ours.    

He's not very big, looks like a light smallish horse.