Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Tampa Dby-G2 Lambholm   General Discussions

Started Mar-9 by Wintertrian; 610 views.
Wintertrian

Mar-9

Tampa Bay Downs TamDby-G2 1ˆ Mile 3yo Saturday, March 11, 2017

Looks to be a good race, I'm kinda excited about this one, esp. Tapwrit, State of Honor, and Wild Shot.   I know a lot are waiting to see what Beasly and No Dozing do, too:

1. Tale of Silence, Paco Lopez, Barclay Tagg

2. The Money Monster, Joel Rosario, Bill Mott

3. Basha, Emisael Jaramillo, Gilberto Zerpa

4. No Dozing, Daniel Centeno, Arnaud Delacour

5. Tapwrit, Jose Ortiz, Todd Pletcher

6. Beasley, Irad Ortiz Jr., Mark Hennig

7. Sonic Mule, John Velazquez, Todd Pletcher

8. State of Honor, Julien Leparoux, Mark Casse

9. Wild Shot, Robby Albarado, Rusty Arnold

10. Zion Valley, Huber Villa-Gomez, Kevin Rice

RAESFAN

Mar-9

My two favorites are side by side. I wonder if Beasley will go for the lead, or try to stalk. I hope the latter. As for Taprit, I just want to see him find running room early in the stretch.

In reply toRe: msg 1
cubs.fan

Mar-10

Beasley went toe-to-toe with Battalion Runner and fought on valiantly. Glad to see Sonic Mule get a chance in a Derby prep, I'll have to add him back to my list with a second or better.

1. Beasley

2. Sonic Mule

3. State of Honor

4. Tapwrit

Wintertrian

Mar-10

For a longshot ITM play, Basha looks interesting to me. Looks like a 40-ish% ITM trainer, and some nice longish work at GP. 

I'm going to toss No Dozing's last race and count on him to make some progress in the stretch this time like he did in the Remsen.  His works at Tampa look good, every horse deserves a bad race.  I suspect his odds will also drift up at post time, higher than 6-1, as the money will be on other stretch runners like Tapwrit. 

Sentimentally, I want Wild Shot or State of Honor to win.

So there's my exacta and trifecta box.  :)  

Northof64

Mar-11

Keying Wild shot in first and second with beasley state of honor and tapwrit. Keeping it cheap today!! Good luck all.

Gerh

Mar-11

Won't be betting this one but I am interested to see how Sonic Mule does.Would also like to see No Dozing bounce back

In reply toRe: msg 6
RAESFAN

Mar-11

Tapwrit continues to improve!

In reply toRe: msg 7
Wintertrian

Mar-11

I was thrilled that State of Honor got 2nd, after running on the lead for the entire race.  He was certainly fit.

IF they can get him to relax a bit and run off the pace....given present style won't work 

Gerh

Mar-12

Looked pretty easy.Timeform fig was 117,which wasn't too shabby but he was carrying 116 lb going 1and 1/16.I was far more impressed by Mastery(127 Timeform fig).If anyone else was training Tapwrit,he might peak my interest but Todd will find a way to screw this up.

In reply toRe: msg 9
princeofdoc

Mar-12

The best way to screw it up would be to train up to the Derby....