Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

May 1st top ten   Triple Crown

Started May-1 by Oldbettowin; 5330 views.
Oldbettowin

May-1

I'll use this and make adjustments up or down after the draw.

Hence

Irap

Gormley

Classic Empire

Gunnevera

Royal Mo (AE)

Lookin at Lee

Thunder Snow

Fast and Accurate

Patch

SameSteve G

May-1

Nice.

I have ten.  My keys:  IWC, McC, Gorm

My wheels:  CE, TS, Gunny, Hence, LAL, Girvin, Royal Mo (hope he gets in)  If not, I'll take my pick after the draw & might use a dart for it.

I may shuffle these after the draw, as well.  I'll also flip 'em, reverse wheel style.  But I will have these 10 horses covered in exacta combos.

fivestaryak

May-1

Do you think any of your keys or wheels will go off at or below 9/2, or for that matter, any of them?  I'm leaning no.

RAESFAN

May-1

As of May 1st:

Win: Girvin/Classic Empire/McCraken/Always Dreaming

Rest: Gunnevera/Sonneteer/Irish War Cry/Tapwrit

SameSteve G

May-1

Good question.  I think of my ten, CE might be shading there on the real tote.  No one else of the whole crew except AD will be, IMO.   

I suppose those two could go lower & it may be my bias not to think anyone is better than 5-1 in this field which colors my previous comment.

ShaddyisBack

May-1

IWC

Tapwrit

Hence

McCracken

CE

Patch

Always Dreaming

Gunn

Girvin

Gormley

sphenis

May-1

Win:

McCraken

Gunnevera

IWC

Wheels:

CE

Thunder Snow

Always Dreaming

Looking at Lee

Hence

Irap or PJ

fivestaryak

May-1

Thanks...just interested in what some of the smart money thinks.  Putting aside favs and the relative competitiveness of one or two runners against their field/crop, 9/2 has been a good number since the Friesan Fire debacle.  Since we are done with stats, I'll leave that one alone, the smart money has at least found a solid key; obvious or media access driven, the hordes are willing to buy into one or a couple. 

Since a total odds bet(s) is in question, I usually go with larger straight tickets.

Msg 589.9 deleted
SameSteve G

May-1

When it comes to the Derby, I work odds groupings, unlike the everyday race when following a meet where I have enough ability to fine line the low odds range & make money in that environment.

I cannot do that in the Derby because I'm simply not that good.  I knew that many moons ago. I prefer not to get pounded by an 800 lb. gorilla.  They can turn you upside down by the ankles so easy...

So, for me, CE, AD, IWC are in an odds grouping of value, etc, etc, down the line.  I cannot fine line beyond those groupings in what I would accept as an accurate fashion.  So, I don't try.  I've failed enough to know.