Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Oaks - Derby Picks!   General Discussions

Started May-3 by zambito; 2606 views.
zambito

May-3

Okay Guys....   I will be leaving tonight for College playoffs and Regionals. I won't be able to bet the races live but I will make my selections here and now. 

For the Oaks I'm going with the mortal lock of the week..

Farrell $300 WP + $50 exactas with the 4 fillies of you choice.

For the Derby unlike other years I have not fall in love with a particular colt. So after Mastery went down I got on Gormley.  I believe that Classic Empire class will carry him to the eight pole and J. Leparoux will do the rest. Even after coming out of the 2 hole Thunder Snow will be heard of in the end.

So my Derby bet is $50 exacta box Gormley - Classic Empire - Thunder Snow

$200 WP on Gormley

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF MY COMPADRES !!!

DogsUp

May-3

Safe trip and win the ball game and bets. Wait to see if track surface can interfer with  your  latest time to send it in.

PISTOL9

May-4

I thought Farrel looked great this AM.  Seen her go around a couple times.  But again, have to preface that I am not a good judge on those things.    Of all the barns, Gunnevera had a lot of people hanging outside his stall. Irap was on the other side. I think Battle of Midway was in that same barm. 12, even the watchman was not hanging around much

Gerh

May-4

Best of luck Zambito.

SameSteve G

May-4

Nice picks!  I hope you cash, old son.

Keep a tight strike zone & enjoy.

In reply toRe: msg 2
zambito

May-4

Thanks Big Dog. But I'm the chief umpire in my crew. I only win if people don't blame the umpires afterwards. lol

• Edited May 4, 2017 8:59 am  by  zambito
zambito

May-4

I will brother. In tournament play we keep the strike zone very tight. These pitchers are studs. They can paint a corner better than Picasso. lol

Good luck my friend! 

DogsUp

May-4

Paradise Woods presently holds the highest Beyer figure of all 3 yr olds 2017. (107).....On a less than perfect track ...let's call it a bit crunchy... The track surface in the Wood Memorial points  to Irish War Cry for similarities .Have Thurs/Friday to exam the earth's crust @ C Dwns.                                                                                                                                                    Also Always Dreaming sporting a 5 Dosage in his 9 furlongs @ Gulfstream nears the time of Arrogate In January setting track record.  Always Dreaming gave up perhaps 2 seconds when runner in front of him stalled and colt and jock Johnny V comported a pull up then had to reestablish a new acceleration. This will be 1st time this yr we are on diff ticks. Ala Arrogate last two and one other escapes me.  Cuppy crunchy or wet. A D has got to nine panels the fastest to include a 2 second traffic interlude.

• Edited May 4, 2017 12:14 pm  by  DogsUp
RAESFAN

May-4

Farrell has run very well, but I prefer Paradise Woods, Salty, and Abel Tasman.

Msg 607.10 deleted