Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Best show bets   General Discussions

Started May-4 by zowcownow; 822 views.
zowcownow

May-4

Looks like a high possibility of rain on Saturday.    I'm going with Tapwrit for $50 show.  Hoping to get $7.  He's a plodder and has won in rain.  

Oldbettowin

May-4

Not a bad plan if it turns up muddy or sloppy.  I think if I were going to play it that way I would probably have to include 2 or 3 though, with a close eye on the show pools.  We need a lot more rain at any rate; its barely drizzling in Louisville right now.

zowcownow

May-4

Heavy rain on Thursday and Friday.  70% on Saturday.   The track will be muddy.  Better start looking for a mudder.   

DogsUp

May-4

Would the best show bet be Gunnervera @ 15/1

Oldbettowin

May-4

I live in Louisville.  Until about 30 minutes ago it was barely even raining here, just the kind of drizzle that would get one side of your car wet while the other would still be dry.  It's picked up now and if it keeps up like this it'll by muddy but CD can withstand a lot of water.

In reply toRe: msg 4
chalkster1

May-5

Or, Sonnet at 50-1

I am advising My Cambodian Godson, Mao to put $25 on it/ expect $250!!

Look at ARK Derby, LOL VS Sonn= who wins of the two goiong an extra 1/8,

Good Question?

The Chalk feels looong shot tri!

bestgtor22

May-5

It should be clear from rain all afternoon before the Derby. With how they get it on Derby day it will be a fast track and not muddy at all probably.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PISTOL9

May-6

If he stays up around 40, I'll go with the BoMb

sovereign1

May-6

If there is a bridgejumper, I will always bet against him.