Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Harness racing writer really hates the Derby   Harness Racing

Started May-5 by TexSquared; 366 views.
Oldbettowin

May-5

Haaahahaha talk about jealousy rearing its ugly head.  It would seem to me that anytime thoroughbred racing is promoted it probably doesn't hurt standardbreds. 

TexSquared

May-5

This is as harmless/petty as, say, an NBA, NHL, NCAA,  (or worse, English Premier League!) fan feeling insulted if somebody asked them who they like in the Super Bowl.  Big deal, no need to get all nasty about it.

SameSteve G

May-5

I imagine the fellow clearing his Saturday calendar so he can watch Derby Day just like the rest of us. He might even drag his sulky inside to sit in while he watches.

TexSquared

May-5

What would be hypocritical is if he watches the Super Bowl rather than go out to the harness track on that Sunday night...

SameSteve G

May-5

He'll watch the game.  He may flick his harness whip at the screen, but he'll watch.  :)

Oldbettowin

May-5

He probably wraps a belt around his legs so he doesn't accidentally break into a gallop while trotting to the fridge for a cold one during commercials.

SameSteve G

May-5

Oh, taking to another level of funny!   I can picture it.  :)

Gerh

May-5

Well ,I guess Sulky is appropriate 

TexSquared

May-6

That's his remote control....