Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

$12 life changing superfecta   Triple Crown

Started May-5 by Northof64; 1877 views.
Northof64

May-5

The only time I ever bet a super is this race.  Just a heads up, I am 0 for life but you can't win if you don't play

Hence-Classic Empire

Hence-Classic Empire

Gunnevera-Sonneteer-Patch

Gunnevera-Sonneteer-Patch

$12

Good luck to all and THANK YOU to all for sharing your thoughts!!

North

sovereign1

May-5

I guess I'm doing it wrong. I've been saving for this day and have not bet since the last Derby. You came up with a nice economic Super. I did something else (wrong?). The Super will be the only bet I will make as I am swinging for the fences.

I believe Hence, Sonneteer and Irish War Cry will finish somewhere in the Top-4, so I structured four Supers keying on those three along with The Other Closer, The X-Factor, a Wiseguy (at my track), The Chalk, and The Local:

Ticket 1 of 4

1. Hence - Sonneteer - IWC
  2. Hence - Sonneteer - IWC
  3. Hence - Sonneteer - IWC
  4. LAL, TS, Gunn, CE, McC

Ticket 2 of 4

3. LAL, TS, Gunn, CE, McC
  4. Hence - Sonneteer - IWC

Ticket 3 of 4

2. LAL, TS, Gunn, CE, McC

Ticket 4 of 4

1. LAL, TS, Gunn, CE, McC

Cost: $120 ($30 per ticket)

You can stop laughing now.

Northof64

May-5

Your bet looks sound to me and I wish you luck.  A couple years ago when I bet the BC races I decided to key one horse in all three spots for the trifecta every bet.  After I did that someone on hear pointed out to me that when I do it that way I'm already assuring at least 2 losing tickets a race and I went oh yea so I have changed a little. No expert on betting strategies by any means and I can't pick a winner of a 2 horse replay so who am I to say.

North

Oldbettowin

May-5

Nice.  I'm not done yet but leaning toward:

Hence

Thunder Snow-Gormley-Irap

Same three

Same three plus L@L-Gunny

$18.  Might put the pirate or F&A on the bottom too...$24 or $30.

Northof64

May-5

Very Solid. How's the weather today?

sovereign1

May-5

I figured I will lose 3 of the 4 bets, but this is cheaper than boxing.

sovereign1

May-5

CD is Sloppy but the turf is Good. And it's cold drizzle 48F.

Northof64

May-5

Just the way I remember the Oaks day in the Big Brown year.  Although it must have been a touch colder because there were flakes in the air. There were 6 of us outside in the paddock area and the Louisville TV station filmed us for the evening news because only the knuckleheads from Wisconsin were not under cover. Could have sold my $2 rain poncho for $50 that day. 

Oldbettowin

May-5

Not too bad out right now, back to just drizzling but it rained pretty hard for most of the night.  It's supposed to rain some more tonight for maybe a couple of hours but then the worst of it should be over with. 

sovereign1

May-5

I think I am getting the brunt of your last night's storm. It's getting flooded around the Meadowlands area.