Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quirky Bets   Triple Crown

Started 5/5/17 by crkillian ; 929 views.
crkillian

5/5/17

After all of the studying, head slapping, and fist pounding, post your no-thought bets.  I know I have seen a few good ones here over the years.  I think someone does a homebred box every year that usually looks pretty good.  I hit my 4 C box with California Chrome and Commanding Curve for a nice score so anything is possible.

Here are a few I have so far this year:

The Ireland Box : Iris War Cry/Thunder Snow.  Throw in McCraken for the Shanty Irish tri.

The "IR" box: IRish War Cry/IRap and throw in gIRvin for a tri

In honor of Cinco de Mayo on the Oaks: Tequilita/Salty/Wicked Lick box

Lets see what you've got!

Oldbettowin

5/5/17

hahaha that Cinco de Mayo box is awesome.

sovereign1

5/5/17

In the last race on Derby day:

Race 14: #6 Fireball Shot - ridden by a rider name D. Cannon

Heck, it's the card's runaway race and it is a maiden race AND the rider's only mount of the day.

UncleSonny1

5/5/17

I think that's hilarious. Good luck if you really play it.

Me? I like the three G's

honneerider

5/5/17

This can't be happening....

I was giving families carriage rides at the farm yesterday to help promote Children's Mental Health Awareness Day.

My one little passenger was Jackson, next was John, my Haflinger (horse) is named Awesome Joe, and my son Jason was holding him while riders got aboard. I thought, "an omen, J Boys Echo! 

Next little boy climbed in and when I asked his name, he replied, "my name is Jeff and my last name is Echo.

I think worth a small token wager for kicks

sovereign1

5/5/17

Well, this IS the race to do it! smile

SameSteve G

5/5/17

Nancy, you have to make that wager!   It was strong before the little guy piped up with his full name.

The only stronger sign would have been if he also said, but my nickname is J Boy.  Then you would have fallen out of carriage.  :)

Oldbettowin

5/5/17

Oh wow.  That story is worth $20 to win.

honneerider

5/5/17

I wish I could have seen my own face during that exchange. Not a derby crowd but my son and i live for the day. Bought our annual rose bush to plant tomorrow. 

Oldbettowin

5/5/17

Everyone around here sets their tomato plants out Derby weekend but it's too darn soggy out right now.  Good luck and like the others said, you HAVE to put a little on J Boys now.  Take it from me, you'd be kicking yourself for years afterward if you didn't and he won.  And it's not out of the question. Dale Romans knows every nook and cranny of CD and he might just not of liked Keeneland's track.