Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I feel sick - Rapper Dragon RIP   General Discussions

Started May-7 by Wintertrian; 541 views.
Wintertrian

May-7

I set my alarm clock to get up and watch his races many times.

"Rapper Dragon became the first horse to sweep the 4-year-old Championship Series in Hong Kong when he won the Hong Kong Derby in March, and he staked a claim Sunday" (Chairman's Trophy for 4th win in a row back in beginnig of May)......  "not just as the best 4-year-old in Hong Kong, but perhaps simply as the best horse in Hong Kong."

Looks like his race on Sunday (Champions Mile) did him in:

"Rapper Dragon, who swept the Hong Kong Triple Crown for 4-year-olds earlier this year, was pulled up midway through the race with a pelvis fracture, according to Hong Kong officials.

“Rapper Dragon suffered a severe fracture of his pelvis which, unfortunately, was coupled with serious complications,” Hong Kong veterinarian Christopher Riggs said in a statement.

“Despite our intensive care in the equine hospital, we were unable to save him.”

This was a GREAT HORSE.  I was a huge fan and posted about him here many times.  :(   I'm in shock. 

RAESFAN

May-7

My condolences, Winter. The side of this sport we'd rather not see!

Wintertrian

May-7

A Street Boss like Hence, except w/Danehill/Danehill Dancer on bottom instead of Slew/API.  

lookie here:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/rapper+dragon

SameSteve G

May-7

Another tragedy...

Oh, intense for you.  When there is a bond that is emotional above & beyond the appreciation of  the horse's racing ability.  I feel for you.

RAESFAN

May-7

I like Street Boss' pedigree. People say they he is a sprint sire, but I think it's way too early to say that. Sure, he sprinted, but I don't think he was bred to sprint.

honneerider

May-7

The news about Rapper Dragon hurt badly. As you, I follow some of the international race scene. Such a talent gone too young.

Wintertrian

May-8

This is their version of our TC......so there is a lot of mourning going on.  It's like if our TC winner died one race after he won the TC.

His (brilliant) jockey, Moeria, said the horse was very brave and "refused to go down" even in the face of such grave injuries.

Yes, it is sad.