Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Who Did Who?   Triple Crown

Started May-8 by SameSteve G; 424 views.
SameSteve G

May-8

Thanks to Nancy for sending this still.  

Reino52

May-8

Ole Christophe was falling off.  Yikes

SameSteve G

May-8

There was so much chaos right after the bell & during the very first stages of the race, all along the gate(s) that the chart caller had it as a "melee".  

The chart is a good read as it adds a little flavor to the replay.  Lots of legitimate contenders were in the mosh pit.

MOSH

verb

Dance to music in a violent manner involving jumping up and down and deliberately colliding with other dancers.

Gerh

May-8

No way the jock had any control over TS.

In reply toRe: msg 4
SameSteve G

May-8

None whatsoever.  Amazing he stayed on.   Ugly starts are so common, even in the every day game. The riders know that gate incidents do not lead to fines or time on the bench & on dirt, they want to get away quickly.   Lots of horses are light on gate work, too, and that's on the trainer.

Gerh

May-8

Looking at this I can understand how Albarado came off at Keenland.

Like you said,amazing that Soumillon was able to regain control.Brilliant picture

In reply toRe: msg 6
SameSteve G

May-9

If rider injuries were plotted from the points at which they were sustained, I think inside the gate would be #1.  If riders getting dropped were plotted, I think right after the start would be #1.  That's actually fortunate because the horses aren't up to speed.  I don't even like to think about those hi-speed accidents.   Such a dangerous job.