Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Black Eyed Susans thoughts   General Discussions

Started May-19 by radiocblue; 207 views.
radiocblue

May-19

Got a little while before the Black-Eyed Susans at Pimlico.  Here's who I like in this Grade 2 event, fillies going 9 furlongs for  $250k.

Top 3 are all prices: overlay Torrent, Dancing Rags, and other overlay Actress. Moana is a weak 4-1 morning-line selection, and I find her especially beatable. I do feel this is an excellent betting race. 

Torrent is no sloucnh, getting her share of podium finishes. Was 4th last time out in the G3 Fantasy at Oaklawn. 83 Brisnet score with a gain on the leader, but got caught up with another horse and was pulled, along with being wide late.  Improved turn time by a full second between last two races. 

Dancing Rags won the G3 Alcibiad, then finished poorly in the BC Juvenile and the Beaumont.  I consider her 78 in the Beaumont the tail end of a bounce ,and she should bounce back here. Gained a bit in turn time while losing speed.  Increased from 88 to 109 at 2nd call, first time after layoff.
Deserving of her 8/1 odds.

Actress has 2 runs in the 80's in Gulfstream Park sprints, both 2nds. 24-second turn time is best of the field. 

My odds for comparison:
Tapa Tapa Tapa 7-1
Full House 59-1
Corporate Queen 16-1
Summer Luck 10-1 
Shimmering Aspen 29-1
Lights Of Medina 12-1
Yorkiepoo Princess 12-1
Moana 9-1
Torrent 4-1
Dancing Rags 8-1
Actress 8-1

smartyslew

May-19

i put a wager on #3 dancing rags 8-1, first blush with those odds and not a 

complete cappin job, using money i won earlier on my only bet today. to busy to cap the card.!

princeofdoc

May-19

Well, one of your shots came in!  Congrats on Actress!  I made a little bet on her, but missed the exacta.  You sure are good with the girls :)

honneerider

May-22

Thank you! Love the written content next to the photos!