Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RIP Holy Bull   General Discussions

Started Jun-8 by RAESFAN; 262 views.
RAESFAN

Jun-8

Rest In Peace to my nephew's all-time favorite horse, Holy Bull! Great contributions to the sport!

SameSteve G

Jun-8

What a great horse!  I saw him win the Met Mile & The Woodward in '94.  He threw down the gauntlet & ran everyone off their feet.   Now, he was fast.  One of my favorites.

The consolation is that he lived a good life in good hands at Jonabell & his passing was due to the infirmities of old age.

fivestaryak

Jun-8

We haven't heard from Early in years...one of, if not his all time favorites as well.  A stud on and off the track...still enjoy watching his replays along with the 2005 Derby.

SameSteve G

Jun-8

That's right.  Early loves Holy Bull.  Now, there's a fellow I miss over here.  He is sharp (and funny).

fivestaryak

Jun-8

I miss Early's banter/insight as well...the forum was definitely a better place with him here.

SameSteve G

Jul-5

This is a pretty cool amateur video of Holy Bull at Jonabell.  If it was released the year it was taken, that makes the Bull 21 in the vid.   Looks like a handful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWeoebDklVQ