Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Bashford Manor   General Discussions

Started Jun-26 by RAESFAN; 321 views.
RAESFAN

Jun-26

This race Friday at CD does not really have any Derby implications, although all owners/trainers have high hopes in the back of their mind. It is contested at 6f, and hasn't produced a TC winner since Summer Squall, but at least the winner will show that he may not have a problem with what can be a quirky track. Classic Empire won last year's edition, and ran well in the Derby and Preakness races. Who will come out on top this Friday; the bargain basement $12k colt by Run Away And Hide, named Ten City, who was ultra impressive in his debut, or the strapping More Than Ready colt, Copper Bullet? Maybe someone else in an upset? You know what I think!

Gerh

Jun-27

Interested to see how Mo Diddley does as well

In reply toRe: msg 2
RAESFAN

Jun-27

He'll have to break better against these, than in his debut.

Plus2lbs

Jun-30

Relaxed and calm in saddling ring..

In reply toRe: msg 4
Plus2lbs

Jun-30

I'm liking what i see..taking 7/5 ...all day long

In reply toRe: msg 5
Plus2lbs

Jun-30

Hmmm....

RAESFAN

Jun-30

Ten City is a nice colt, but that was a curious ride on Copper Bullet. When he started slow, I thought they were trying to come off the pace, next thing I know, the horse runs up on the rail into a pace battle. Then he takes back again, runs up on heels a little, then tried to run down a long gone Ten City in the stretch to no avail. I'm not sure if that was greenness on the horse's part, or a poor ride.

Plus2lbs

Jun-30

Professional all the way until the gate opened...and everything went out the window.  Would bet the same way,  if they mix it up again,  me thinks.

RAESFAN

Jun-30

I am anxious to see him stretch out. Copper Bullet has some serious stamina influence on the dam side, albeit on grass.

RAESFAN

Jul-1

The rider said afterwards that the horse didn't run off, and that it was his decision to engage the longshot on the lead. Unless he was following directions, that's a good way to get taken off.