Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2017 ready to race - first timers   Pedigree/Breeding

Started Jun-27 by Wintertrian; 620 views.
Wintertrian

Jun-27

Baffert has one named St. Patrick's Day. Full brother to American Pharoah.   I don't like him.  He looks very "boxy".  But very powerful in rear
http://www.xbtv.com/video/st-patricks-day,-the-full-brother-to-american-pharoah,-worked-3-furlongs-in/st-patricks-day-the-full-brother-to-american-pharoah-worked-3-furlongs-in-35-40-outside-of-jafar-at-santa-anita-park-on-june-22nd-2017/

Sherman has a full brother to California Chrome named Faversham.  He is a ridgling.  

Does anyone know who trains Confidence Level? (PON, Seeking the Gold BMS)

DogsUp

Jun-28

Re: Colt Confidence Level 2 YO.

Mike Ryan purchased the colt for $160K and the colt does not yet have an officially reported trainer or owner of which Ryan is both. 

Worked 3 reported 3 furlong runs at the Spa Saratoga.  June, accordingly appears 1st start at the Spa.

Ryan, native of Ireland co~bred Derby topper Always Dreaming and bought Preakness winner Cloud Computing as a yearling.   His resume includes buying big hip prices also, as agent/for and independent pinhook.

• Edited June 28, 2017 10:13 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

Jun-30

thanks for that additional info, Dogs.  I think Mike Ryan has a good eye. 

Will keep an eye on my lil' colt 

DogsUp

Jun-30

Thanks goes to you.....these boys are Delta colts before stepping foot (hoof) on a track.  For now.

Confidence Level appears to be colt to shadow and see if initial auction purchaser and owner, Ryan,  keeps or partners or outright sells and then races at the Spa. The August auction at Spa is for yearlings only.

If this colt is sold and Ryan retains an interest or the buyer(s) are staying thirsty and noteable for their chance at winning their first Kentucky Derby  (2018) mark'em a Delta. The other two are not shabby either! 

(d)

DogsUp

Jul-3

"Sherman has a full brother to California Chrome named Faversham.  He is a ridgling."

Going out on a limb early and say Chromie duplicate not so good at bro-ing to the big one. The feel of racing will be my only excuse.

Safe 4th of July to All! (d) 

• Edited July 3, 2017 6:12 pm  by  DogsUp
RAESFAN

Jul-7

A firster I had been waiting for, debuted successfully at Ellis Park on the Fourth. He is by a stallion I liked a lot as a race horse. Remember Fort Larned? I've been anxiously awaiting his offspring. Although he won on the turf, he is out of a forest Wlidcat mare, and should get a chance on the dirt. Debuting at a mile, he may have a future routing.

Plus2lbs

Jul-9

Liked Ft. Larned a lot...terrible shame what happened at gate in his comeback race after B.C...at GP.  Interesting if colt a homer.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Plus2lbs

Jul-9

Excuse my laziness,  upon further DD,  saw what I needed to know.

Thanking you.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Plus2lbs

Jul-9

With or without a rider,  that was the fastest I ever saw a horse run over a distance.  Was ahead  by 50 at the line,  lol.

princeofdoc

Jul-21

My dad went to Del Mar today, and asked if I had any horses for him.....I looked at the nightcap, a 2 yr. old straight maiden affair, and suggested the two best bred were the 6 and the 9.  It was a pretty weak field for a 60K race.  I especially liked the 9, Continental Divide, by Animal Kingdom, but I thought he might need more ground.  Well, they ran 1-2, paid over $80 for a $1 exacta, and my dad thought I was a genius!  But as I watched the race, I think we may have a runner in Continental Divide....keep your eye out for this one next out!