Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Winx Aims At 18 Straight   General Discussions

Started Aug-18 by SameSteve G; 243 views.
SameSteve G

Aug-18

The Wonder Mare, Winx, will be shooting for her 18th straight win on Saturday at Randwick.  Article here:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/warwick-stakes-winx-back-bigger-and-stronger-looking-for-18-wins-in-a-row-20170817-gxy2kt.html

Go Winx!

Wintertrian

Aug-18

Will be rooting for this beautiful mare!

honneerider

Aug-19

Actually brought tears to my eyes to see that magical mare and her  will to win explode with such power and speed. Missed the jump by 4 lengths!  

First time I woke after 1:00  AM had to check results!

TexSquared

Aug-19

She has officially become the Zenyatta of Australia...   totally blew that start, looked like she had no chance into the stretch, then turns on the afterburners....

SameSteve G

Aug-19

I'd say 4 lengths to the trailing horse.  She gave up more like 8 lengths overall.  I watched the start a few times & it looked like she sort of got a little sideways & then reared some.  

What a thrilling stretch drive.  Man, can she dig down!

SameSteve G

Aug-19

Yeah.  Mind boggling.

Wintertrian

Aug-20

thanks for posting the video, made my heart jump for joy~

Gerh

Aug-20

She is amazing.A joy to behold

In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

Aug-20

She was rated slightly below Arrogate on world rankings, but now that Arrogate has lost his last 2 races, I suspect she would be above him.

At any rate, top turf horse in the world right now.

Of course she is not coming here for the BC,  she's going for her 3rd Cox Plate G1 win.  

This is the START of her campaign this year.......our BC negatively corresponds to campaigns in euro and aus