Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Travers   General Discussions

Started Aug-22 by SameSteve G; 1588 views.
SameSteve G

Aug-22

I haven't looked at the race yet but here are Posts & M/line.   Nice full field..

1. Cloud Computing 8-1
  2. Giuseppe the Great 20-1
  3. West Coast 4-1
  4. Tapwrit 7-2
  5. Good Samaritan 5-1
  6. Girvin 10-1
  7. Always Dreaming 6-1
  8. Lookin at Lee 30-1
  9. McCraken 12-1
  10. Irap 8-1
  11. Gunnevera 20-1
  12. Fayeq 30-1
KonaNative

Aug-23

Just downloaded the DRF PP'S. Looks like a good betting race.

May put something on West Coast

SameSteve G

Aug-24

I looked over the PPs last night & I think there are 7 horses who can win this on their best effort, IMO.

West Coast is among those.  I agree it can be a good betting race if the bettor is savvy enough & lucky enough to land on the top 3 or 4 in correct order.  

Otherwise, and speaking for myself, this race is too tough to figure with any confidence.  

Good luck if you decide to bet, Kona.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Wintertrian

Aug-24

I'm not playing it, i'm only playing MSWs at SAR and doing very well with those.  

I would probably wager whatever Jose Ortiz or Santana or Albarado is riding, but this might be a good time to use Gunnevera who will be at 20-1 odds and you won't see that again any time soon.

cubs.fan

Aug-24

Count me in for an Andrew Jackson on Fayeq to win. Too many question marks for the TC race winners. Lots of parity.

Edit: Also, what a terrible morning line. Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, and Tapwrit will be the top 3 choices. Then West Coast, Girvin, McCraken, and Irap.

• Edited August 24, 2017 2:44 pm  by  cubs.fan
RAESFAN

Aug-24

Good betting race. Wide open. I will be watching Irap's odds. Although Girvin and Tapwrit are two of my favorites from this crop, I think Irap is fast becoming one of the better runners. West Coast scares me.

SameSteve G

Aug-24

If you're going to bet at all, swinging for the fences isn't a bad idea in this race.  It's murky.

The oddsmaker only has a foggy idea which way the betting will go.  I agree the Classic winners should be the top money takers.

To be honest, after that my own crystal ball is pretty foggy, too, for the logical horses.

You might want to consider a little side flyer on your boy Good Samaritan.  He will go above his morning line & you don't want him, of all horses, to beat you.

SameSteve G

Aug-24

Baffert has been known to swoop East & scoop up big purses.  Scary.

It's wide open all right.  I have no idea.  

fivestaryak

Aug-24

I hope you are right that the three classic winners take the money.

cubs.fan

Aug-24

I'll have to do some digging tonight to see if the Derby trends hold up in the Travers.