Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Winx - 19 Straight?   General Discussions

Started Sep-1 by SameSteve G; 386 views.
SameSteve G

Sep-1

Just an FYI for Winx fans:

The superstar from Down Under will be shooting for her 19th straight win on Saturday (10:50 pm tonight, Pacific Time) at Randwick in The Chelmsford Stakes.

1600 meters (just shy of a mile).  

Need I say Go Winx?

Gerh

Sep-1

Fingers crossed!

In reply toRe: msg 2
SameSteve G

Sep-2

19 straight!   Another jaw dropper as she runs down the loose leader who looked home free, Red Excitement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngfQsPzltH0

In reply toRe: msg 4
SameSteve G

Sep-2

Had Winx broken poorly again, the strategy employed on Red Excitement would have been a winning one.  It was a good idea foiled by an extremely competitive, superior horse.  The two were well clear of the rest.

I read elsewhere that Winx went to post & raced with ear plugs as she had been getting too agitated at the gate.  In her prior race, it was pretty obvious she had gotten turned a bit & then reared when she lost all that ground early.  Smart equipment change. 

Gerh

Sep-2

Excellent race by Red Excitement.The horse was on the engine early and stayed on it for the entire race showing great stamina.Just really unfortunate to run into a buzz saw named Winx.I have run out of superlatives to describe this mare.

smartyslew

Sep-2

Did I hear the announcer right, 1:34.11final time ?

Her closing fractions have to be out of this World.

I hope you get the breakdown for the races data !!

In reply toRe: msg 6
SameSteve G

Sep-2

Gerh said:

I have run out of superlatives to describe this mare.

Exactly!

SameSteve G

Sep-2

You heard right.   Randwick does have the Longines Positional GPS timing system installed at the track but I have not been able to track down the sectionals except for the last 600 m. time which is  :34.69.  With 600 meters to run, Winx was somewhere around 8 lengths off the leader.  She probably closed the last 600 m. in just over :33.  Flying.

Plus, Hugh Bowman dropped his stick about halfway through the stretch.  He only gives her tap anyway, just as a signal.  She saw what she had to do & she did it.  

honneerider

Sep-2

Winx is a fun mare to follow........with all the "on the edge of your seat" that Z commanded