Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Prayers for Raesfan   General Discussions

Started Sep-6 by smartyslew; 1687 views.
smartyslew

Sep-6

and all of the Island People getting hammered  by the Hurricane Irma.

185 hour winds, stay safe Raes, I and Wendy  pray for you and yours to stay safe!

Gerh

Sep-6

I was just thinking of Raesfan.Hope he stays safe and out of harms way.

In reply toRe: msg 2
twoshots

Sep-7

Most certainly, wishes for safety, Raes. Also send them out for Zambito, in the Tampa Bay area.

Gerh

Sep-7

Wow,didn't realize Zambito was in the Tampa area.Its still not certain where this is going to hit.I am praying that it misses Florida and stays out to sea but that is unlikely

Gerh

Sep-7

Not sure if fivestaryak is in that area also

In reply toRe: msg 5
smartyslew

Sep-7

i was getting ready to give him a shout out!

Wintertrian

Sep-7

I thought about Raesfan quite a bit over the last 2 days.   Didn't have internet connection to sign in here.  

Prayers and thoughts going out.....I hope we hear from him soon!!!

smartyslew

Sep-7

Crest, i know you must have a game plan !

Keep save and what is your plan?

flying north , maybe.

In reply toRe: msg 1
RAESFAN

Sep-7

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers. Lucky for me and not for some of my relatives in St. Thomas, St. John, and Tortola, Irma's eye went about 60 miles to the north of St. Croix. We received sustained tropical storm force winds, with hurricane force gusts from time to time. Other than some downed trees and power lines, we're good! No power yet for parts of the island, but by next week we should be fully up and running, and providing much needed support to our sister islands in the USVI and BVI.

This is the biggest storm to hit the United States Virgin Islands since Hugo in 1989, which mostly damaged St. Croix. I was in Florida at the time, so I dodged that bullet also. You want to thank the Creator for sparing you, but then you feel guilty that your safety meant others were in peril. I've seen some videos of buildings collapsing. It was like watching a movie. It's hard to wrap your brain around what you're seeing. I pray Jose peters out to sea. No way, Jose!

smartyslew

Sep-7

Yes and i'm not sure who else is in harm ways that post on here besides

Depalma, prayers to all of you and stay save!