Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Winx - 20 Straight?   General Discussions

Started 9/15/17 by SameSteve G; 5297 views.
honneerider

Mar-19

Bowman cleared to ride Winx 

Champion jockey Hugh Bowman is free to ride Winx as the superstar headlines racing at Rosehill Gardens on Saturday after receiving a clearance from stewards on Monday.

And Bowman is also looking forward to literally getting back on the horse when he reunites with Performer, the colt that threw him off at Randwick on March 10, in the feature Group 1 $3.5m Longines Golden Slipper (1200m).http://www.racingnsw.com.au/news/latest-racing-news/bowman-cleared-to-ride-winx-performer-at-rosehill/?main=true

SameSteve G

Mar-19

Apparently, Bowman is now okay after suffering a concussion when Performer threw him.

Do my eyes deceive me or does Chris Waller have 5 others entered plus Winx out of a total of 11?  Having a hard time drumming up competitors!

In reply toRe: msg 60
Wintertrian

Mar-23

WINX tonight (friday night) Race 5, Australia Rosehill.

pp 4
 HAPPY CLAPPER   Shinn, Blake130 Lbs.
ML:20/1Current: 99 Tr: Webster, Patrick
pp 3
 CLEARLY INNOCENT   Berry, Tommy130 Lbs.
ML:80/1Current: 99 Tr: Lees, Kris
pp 2
 CRACK ME UP   Collett, Jason130 Lbs.
ML:80/1Current: 99 Tr: Baker, Bjorn
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
honneerider

Mar-23

11:45 PM here at the Jersey Shore

Wintertrian

Mar-23

Hope she gets 24 straight. :)   I msged. you 

In reply toRe: msg 63
Wintertrian

Mar-23

Race 7 is a good one, too--G1 Golden Slipper Stakes.  

I'm going against the favorite Sunlight here with Performer (8-1), Alymerton (15-1), Estijaab (12-1).  I really think one of those can win this.

Will make a few tickets with those as my keys.

In reply toRe: msg 15
Wintertrian

Mar-23

WINX is too much.   She ran right past Klementari, then put the other one away.   

Boom boom boom.  G'bye boys n' girls!!   24 straight wins.

Huge crowds.........

(HOW many times has she beat Happy Clapper?)

That Kementari is drop down dead gorgeous hunk o' horse tho.  Last time I liked a horse like that was Mr. Hot Stuff.  Same kinda gorgeous.  :)

honneerider

Mar-24

Such a thrill watching Winx do it again...the interview with Hugh Bowman post race was delightful...he is humble and so appreciative and aware of just what a special equine he rides.

In reply toRe: msg 64
Wintertrian

Mar-24

Wintertrian said...

Race 7 is a good one, too--G1 Golden Slipper Stakes.  

I'm going against the favorite Sunlight here with Performer (8-1), Alymerton (15-1), Estijaab (12-1). 

Estijaab won!     M/L odds were 12-1, final odds were 8-1.   :)   (5th choice in the odds).  

11-12-10   

11 $18.80 $9.70 $6.90
SameSteve G

Mar-24

To quote the race caller:  "Oh, please take her overseas!"

She breaks John Henry's record for Gr 1 wins & I can't help but think that John, the old salt, would approve.  :)

Replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqDjlgxL8Lg