Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Winx - 20 Straight?   General Discussions

Started 9/15/17 by SameSteve G; 9135 views.
honneerider

Jul-9

SAVE THE DATE: 18 AUGUST @royalrandwick
Winx is coming back!

SameSteve G

Jul-9

Go Winx!   (thanks for the heads up, Nancy)   

In reply toRe: msg 82
SameSteve G

Aug-16

Reminder to Winx fans not named Nancy (who reminded me). 

Winx will  be shooting for her 26th straight victory attempting to surpass the mighty & undefeated Black Caviar's streak of 25 straight...and attempting to notch her 19th Group One win.  Saturday, Down Under, at Royal Randwick.

Waller & Bowman have reported she's "picture perfect".

Go Winx!  

honneerider

Aug-17

I can't even pretend to stay awake. 1 AM East Coast. Will wake up hopefully around then and either catch the race or replay #GoWinx!

In reply toRe: msg 84
honneerider

Aug-18

#26!

WINX wins the race named in her honor!

TexSquared

Aug-18

And a very Zenyatta-esque rally too... wow...

honneerider

Aug-18

Those mares! Winx just has the ultimate suspense ending and Z did, also. Holding my breath until they “kicked for home”

SameSteve G

Aug-18

Way, way past my bedtime.  :)  But I'm up before dawn to walk.

I don't think the best strategy for Kementari  was to run side by side with Winx.  She likes to toy with those types before dispatching them.  She idled for a bit right next to him & then took off after the leaders.  Her racing IQ is off the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuFAsH4wwyI

Gerh

Aug-18

Thanks for posting the link to the race Steve.I ran out of superlatives to describe her but it never gets old watching her

RAESFAN

Aug-18

Is that what they call "much the best"? Wide rally, and just flew by the field.... I can't help but notice the difference in riding, without the incessant whipping as she came on, through to the wire!