Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Robt. B. Lewis Stakes   Triple Crown

Started Jan-31 by princeofdoc; 180 views.
princeofdoc

Jan-31

This has to be the weakest Derby prep field in a long time.....I really cannot imagine any of these making it to the Derby.  Who knows, maybe Inscom will take to dirt?  Even so, I doubt we'll see a fast time from the winner.  And what's Baffert  thinking with Regulate?!?  Lost 3 maiden races, now ready for a Grade III event?  And his last loss was just two weeks ago?

In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

Feb-1

I actually think the maiden event in the 2nd race has a better horse in it with Core Beliefs....I'll be curious how he does, as well as the two Baffert horses entered there....

RAESFAN

Feb-1

Talking about maiden races, the 8th at Gulfstream on Saturday, may end up being key down the road. In the midst of the big sophomore races, this MSW features several well regarded 1st timers. Most are well bred and expensive purchases, that are working lights out. Amongst them is Chaps, the $950,000 RNA, that worked a furlong in :09 3/5 in the two year old in training March OBS sales. I have been patiently awaiting his debut, and he will be up against some serious competition. I would be surprised if this race doesn't produce a late addition to the Derby Trail.