Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Feb. 1st top 20 for the Derby   Triple Crown

Started 2/1/18 by princeofdoc; 4414 views.
In reply toRe: msg 11
Wintertrian

2/9/18

EDIT:  IGNORE THIS! d'oh   It's a 4 year old.

Asmussen premiered a FTS today, mdn sp wt.  SOUTH BEACH.  Tapit colt, 6F, came closing past a lot of horses at the end. 

$1,8000.00 as a 2 year old, sold to La Penta/Woodford Racing.  Some serious $$ there.  Asmussen does pretty well with Tapits, would consider this one if he runs again.  Dam has Roberto, Alydar and Hail to Reason on female side.....

http://www.pedigreequery.com/south+beach9

{16-h} DP = 4-9-22-1-0 (36) DI = 2.00   CD = 0.44

Maybe somebody can give me feedback on the breeding, looks good to me. 

smartyslew

2/9/18

This 4 year old is bred for the classic distance and should mature in the fall with this 4 yr old start

might be competive at that time.

In reply toRe: msg 13
Wintertrian

2/9/18

D'oh!   Guys just ignore me.  I forgot it was 2018 and this is a 4 year old.  

I've been doing some online banking while also trying to watch the races, and my mind blanked.  :)

Thanks Smarty Slew!

SameSteve G

2/9/18

Porous minds think alike.  I did the same thing in January with City Of Light.

Hey, at least they weren't 5...   :)

TexSquared

2/10/18

Wintertrian said:

I've been doing some online banking while also trying to watch the races, and my mind blanked. :)

As long as you don't accidentally post banking information, you're fine :-)

You could have just deleted your own post if nobody had replied to it yet.   

Oldbettowin

2/12/18

I have a dirty dozen....

Good Magic

Bolt d’Oro

Free Drop Billy

Untamed Domain

Firenze Fire

Sporting Chance

Bravazo 

Solomini

Catholic Boy

Lone Sailor

Enticed

Avery Island

Copper Bullet

Edit:  add Flameaway up there in the middle somewhere.

In reply toRe: msg 17
RAESFAN

2/15/18

Interesting race at TBD today. Vouch scratched out of the Sam Davis to run here, and will face Magnum Moon, the Pletcher trained, impressive first out winner at Gulfstream last month. Although the race is being touted as a match race, I like the Delacour trained Talon, who may be able to exploit a potential speed duel. he is by Candy Ride, out of a Pulpit mare, and may love every inch of the mile and 40 yard event.

In reply toRe: msg 18
RAESFAN

2/16/18

Magnum Moon was much the best in the nice TBD allowance race on Thursday. Vouch had his chance, but was bested by this late bloomer that will probably step up to a Derby prep next out.

Wintertrian

2/16/18

RAESFAN said...

Asmussen may have more Derby prospects this year than anyone. Last week, Title Ready and Mitole showed readiness to compete at higher levels

He's got Principe Guilherme, Combatant, Zing Zang, and Retirement Fund all running in the Southwest Stakes on Monday (Tapiture won this one a few years ago).   You are right, an embarassment of riches for sure.   

Baffert and Lukas have horses in this too, and they are pals (Lukas was saddling one of Baffert's horses a while back I think it was the Smarty Jones) so wondering if they have a "plan" for all of Asmussen's runners.  :)

Saw Lukas today as a matter of fact.   He was not looking very young, I guess because he isn't.  :)

It is supposed to rain here for 3 days.  Track was heavy today......Race 9 superfecta paid over $14,000 for 10 cents.  :)  

RAESFAN

2/17/18

It is supposed to rain here for 3 days. 

As if these three year old stakes are not hard enough to handicap, now throw in the off track when many may never have raced on one!