Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Risen Star   Handicapping

Started Feb-13 by Northof64; 850 views.
Northof64

Feb-13

Thought I would start a thread about this race. Steve G already mentioned Noble Indy elsewhere and we all should no about Instilled Regard by now.  I may throw in High North.  No, not just because of the name :).  He took fourth in a race where Good Majic took second then later ran second to Avery Island.  Two horses ranked high on a lot of people's list.  Also, his last race he did not break well and got bumbed in the first turn by a horse who lost his rider.  He still rallied nicely to take fourth in that one. Not huge connections or big named trainers but at 8-1 he may be worth a shot here. Just needs to break cleanly and stay a little closer to the lead.

North

RAESFAN

Feb-13

I'm intrigued by Supreme Aura. Seems talented, but is making a big step up here, and stretching out around two turns. A lot to ask.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Northof64

Feb-15

Looks like High North has a 15-1 ML. What the heck bombs away with a small WP bet. Will be at OTB this weekend so need to look at other races on the card at the Fairgrounds too.

North

cubs.fan

Feb-15

High North is legit in this race. Hope he stays around his ML. I'll be double keying him and Instilled Regard for 1st/2nd and 1st/3rd.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ebben sneaks in for 4th.

Northof64

Feb-16

Double keying.  I like it.  Sounds like a great plan.  Good luck to us!!

North

Wintertrian

Feb-17

Thinking of throwing together an exacta with Principe, Noble Indy, High North and Kentucky Club, going for value here.  

smartyslew

Feb-17

looks like kentucky club is racing monday in the prep at oaklawn

Oldbettowin

Feb-17

I had exactly one horse in this race in my dirty dozen and he goes and wins lol.  I need to start paying more attention.  I forgot they were even running this race today.

Wintertrian

Feb-17

smartyslew said...

oks like kentucky club is racing monday in the prep at oaklawn

I was on my way to the track to wager this ,  until I almost fell down a few times in my driveway due to an all-of-a-sudden onset of intense pain.........the kind of pain that was so bad that I started throwing up. This would be the first time in 64 years I have ever been in an ambulance, or called 911.  

After 8 hours in the ER and tests, it turns out i have a rather large kidney stone trying to pass out of my body thru a very small duct.

Hey, don't get one of these.  The ER doc said giving birth is often less painful in many cases.  :)

Wintertrian

Feb-17

congrats!  I started realizing that lukas thinks he has somethin' because of how often I am seeing him in the saddling paddocks this year.  That has not been true the last few years.  dunno if this means anything, just pointing it out.