Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Risen Star   Triple Crown

Started 2/15/18 by princeofdoc; 2058 views.
princeofdoc

2/15/18

First big win-and-you're-in prep.....Instilled Regard and Principe look good right back.  I just wonder how good Supreme Aura is though, could be the spoiler.  I like High North to pick up the pieces at the bottom of the exotics.

In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

2/17/18

Playing a tri and super with Instilled/Principe/Aura in 1st and 2nd, adding High North for 3rd/4th....

Plus2lbs

2/17/18

Show 3..Givemeaminit sits the trip under Bridgemohan.

honneerider

2/17/18

Was hoping to have D. Wayne with a horse in  the Derby...... there is also Sporting Chance whom i bet in the Hopeful, still to race on Monday. Perhaps he will even have an entry with a chance

Lucas is so entertaining with his comments. Fun

In reply toRe: msg 2
princeofdoc

2/18/18

Certainly my worst handicapping of the TC season thus far!  None of my super picks even hit the board...how embarrassing!

I really don't know what happened....either the top two are that much better than the rest of those that raced, or the ones picked are just not very good...and certainly not good enough to make noise at CD in May.  Did Principe really regress that much?  And Instilled just couldn't close....true, the 6f was quite slow, more than 5 lengths slower than the girls race was, so that could account for the top two staying on, I suppose.  Thoughts anyone?

SameSteve G

2/18/18

Without any reference to time, what I saw was a lackluster merry-go-round race.  The top 4 finishers were all never worse than that all the way around the track from gate to wire.  The horse that finished 5th, for all intents & purposes, was 5th the whole way.

Unless something happened that we couldn't see, nobody had any excuses, either.

fivestaryak

2/18/18

The winner has some quality to him for stretching out.  I thought some of the Oxbow fans would be pulling for him or at least a few Paynter hold outs.  Believe Lukas got a 4th in the Risen Star in Oxbow's 7th start.  Oxbow's tf was a tad better but the up close is good enough.  Bravazo's A10 conduit hasn't seen any action in the TC or Classic but did have a couple nice fillies/mares in the La Canada.  Slew O' Gold hasn't had many on the bottom but did fill out Drosselmeyer and Sacred Light in that spot.  The next three dam sires are a bit light with only one rep by the Donut King in Smiling Sing Sam's tail.  

His bottom nick x/x/INT/BR has done okay 14-3-3-3-0 (Smarty Jones/Oxbow/Paynter/Mane Minister).  Concerto was a pretty nice runner.   Bravazo is a Northern Dancer so he is already up against it.  Hope he improves and is a part of it.

Plus2lbs

2/18/18

Trid to figure out the pace setup..never figured on this one..true the race was only 1 1/16 and I expected a much stronger pace and a staggerfest down the lane.. After the older stakes was a snoozefest merry-go-round..I was lost on the race...went very light.

On to the next one.

Wintertrian

2/18/18

Asmussen was apparently not happy with Principe's work before the race from what I heard.

princeofdoc

2/18/18

So why did he not scratch him, and opt for the Southwest, where he was cross-entered?