Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

El Camino Real Derby   Triple Crown

Started 2/16/18 by RAESFAN; 337 views.
RAESFAN

2/16/18

The winner of the California Derby, Choo Choo, will probably be the favorite in here, but I like Epical, by Uncle Mo, out of a Deputy Minister mare. He looked very impressive in his debut on turf.

The filly, Paved, is an interesting candidate too. I am looking at her as an Oaks prospect. I am interested to see how she does on the artificial surface, and possibly on dirt if she performs well.

• Edited February 16, 2018 10:27 am  by  RAESFAN
SameSteve G

2/16/18

I was just looking at this race.  There have been five 9f. races over the all-weather during the current meet & 4 out of 5 have been won by horses coming late.  It's hard to ignore a bias like that, IMO.

There's only one race for Epical & he sat right off the pacemaker & took over to win by a neck, as you know.  Not the worst price play, Rae, although if he decides to run prominently, the track may do him in.

I like Paved but at 2/1 wouldn't bet her.  Her last was a huge effort but she's been given plenty of time.  She could regress & still win.

The other price horse that is interesting to me is City Plan.  Outgunned in a Gr 1 & Gr3, coming back to the all-weather where he's won & on the drop.  Could figure in the money, has the right running style but I hesitate for lack of speed.  That could be said for a bunch of them in here, though.  :)

RAESFAN

2/16/18

I think this is a nice edition of this race. Whatever surface these horses ultimately wind up on, I think there is some talent in here.

SameSteve G

2/18/18

Paved - City Plan - Blended Citizen.  

That's a nice daughter of Quality Road.

RAESFAN

2/18/18

Quality Road is doing well, especially with the fillies. We are still waiting to see Caledonia Road debut this year after winning the Juvy Filly Dirt race, and one I was particularly interested in, Road to Victory, who is the only horse to beat Monomoy Girl. He could be loaded in the Oaks.