Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Baffert's top 3 working today   Triple Crown

Started 2/24/18 by princeofdoc; 215 views.
princeofdoc

2/24/18

In an unusual move, BB worked McKinzie, Restoring Hope, and Solomini today at Santa Anita....for 7f.  The report showed Solo a length faster than Hope, and McK another 2 lengths back.  Would've loved to have seen the progression, maybe the work is on YouTube?  In any case, I follow those horses on Equibase, and they sent the works out, but recorded the 6f. splits, and had Solo at 1.11:80....not sure how accurate the reporting was, because they also sent out Mck' work as 1.25 for 6f, and 22/22!  Can't be right.....

I'll report back when I find out more....

Wintertrian

2/25/18

princeofdoc said...

The report showed Solo a length faster than Hope, and McK another 2 lengths back. 

I agree about seeing the progression, but unless someone knows exactly why the horses were worked that way, and what problems or whatever Baffert was trying to fix/do, it's hard to say why he was staggering them that way ie. the exercise rider has a lot to do with it per the instructions they were given. 

smartyslew

2/25/18

drf         7 furlongs

McKinzie 1:25.40 H 3
Restoring Hope 1:25.00 H 2
Solomini 1:24.80 H 1

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited February 25, 2018 2:33 pm  by  smartyslew