Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fountain of Youth Gulfstream 3/3/18   Triple Crown

Started 3/1/18 by Wintertrian; 1355 views.
Wintertrian

3/1/18

May as well get started on this one.

Last year bummed me out due to that very nice Drosselmeyer colt Hurican Americo breaking down. :(

I am not sure I have ultimate faith in Good Magic to win this one.  I know he has "everything" but still, 3 months without a race, even though "recharged".

So far I have Marconi and Gotta Go in 3rd.   Now I just have to find the rest of the race. 

Leaning toward Free Drop Billy or Storm Runner for the win

click on Marconi: 
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatch.cgi/public/ToddPletcher/PLETCHER+TODD+A/9999/summary.htm

RAESFAN

3/2/18

I am going out on a limb with Machismo. Surprise, surprise!

princeofdoc

3/2/18

You are the most devoted MTR fan, certainly!  But I do think this one has a chance here to hit the board :)

RAESFAN

3/2/18

He was disappointing early on when he was with Pletcher. Apparently he was sold, and his new trainer has the same last name as one of his owners. He seems to be responding favorably to the change in barns.

Originally, the China horse Club bought him for $500K as a yearling. His new owners got him for 140K.

• Edited March 2, 2018 11:40 am  by  RAESFAN
Plus2lbs

3/2/18

Taking a good look at your MTR here.  More I look,  more I like.

Think the trainer was a Pletcher assistant also,  I could be wrong.

Looking at the progression of his races,  not your typical MTR offspring,

Me thinks. 

Should sit two wide all around,  in the top flight.   Third off a layoff,  trainer excels.  Bullet work,  impressive last out win.  Outstanding family.

More than able..will the the promise be fulfilled?

• Edited March 2, 2018 2:13 pm  by  Plus2lbs
RAESFAN

3/2/18

More than able..will the the promise be fulfilled?

Clever!

princeofdoc

3/3/18

Looks like Free Drop is scratched.....too bad, thought he might hit the board here.

princeofdoc

3/3/18

Promises Fulfilled!  Great race, looks good doing forward.....

cubs.fan

3/3/18

I think we might know why Free Drop Billy was scratched. The Jockey on Storm Runner almost sent him after Promises Fulfilled. I'm sure Romans was not happy about that.

Shackleford is my favorite horse of all-time. Promises Fullfilled looks just like him, down to the blaze and the foamy shoulders. My novice view of his pedigree is that they've attempted to add more stamina underneath. He's going to have a lot of company up front with the horses that are already in and the big boys we expect to make it in.

• Edited March 3, 2018 7:09 pm  by  cubs.fan
In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

3/4/18

Jockey did a great job getting Promises Fulfilled out around everyone else and forwardly placed.   As of right now, not really interested in any of the horses from this race, it was slow and nobody could even run by him.   'course, these are all *babies* anyway.   Just brings me back to wishing KY Derby was for 4 year olds.