Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Any thoughts on the UAE 2000 Guineas   Triple Crown

Started 3/1/18 by Wintertrian; 3919 views.
Wintertrian

3/1/18

winner?  Street Cry colt Gold Town

http://www.pedigreequery.com/gold+town2

SameSteve G

3/2/18

Best 3 year old I've seen so far this year.   Been over turf & synthetic, then exploded on the dirt, demolishing the field, on the engine, geared way down to jog in the final meters.

Replay for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSGmURfGtMk&t=11s

smartyslew

3/2/18

he has the Mr p/ nor dancer  sire/bms nick that wins derbys.

8 race foundation and saved some at the end and was well placed

by the jock all away during the race, a sign to me that the jock fits the horse.

saying that i don't know how many times that jock has ridden him

that style in this race also wins derbys, a lot to like .

some dd could say he took the shortest way around the track and that isn't a red flag to me

with this field size. 

princeofdoc

3/2/18

Not yet nominated to the TC races....

SameSteve G

3/2/18

It doesn't really matter.  Godolphin had to see that he rose to another dimension on dirt so they should be thinking about it.  If they decide not to come he's still worth keeping an eye on because he's very nice.

Plus, he's a gelding so he's not going to the shed & he should have a very nice multi-year career.  That's the kind I like to follow.

cubs.fan

3/2/18

I told myself I wouldn't fall for another one of these UAE shippers, but man, Gold Town looked brilliant in the Guineas.

SameSteve G

3/2/18

Yes, I know exactly what you mean but each one is different & this one is so nice & has that early foot, high cruising speed that you like to see.  Plus, significantly better on dirt than the other surfaces he's been on.  

It's the path through the UAE Derby, the ship, the quarantine, the abrupt adjustment which causes the problem, IMO.

I am hesitant because of that.  Now, if they shipped him over to the U.S. for a 100 point race, it would be a completely different dynamic should he earn points here & then go to Louisville.

I'd faint, though, if Godolphin did that instead of the UAE Derby.

Edit:  I should add he came home the final 400m. faster than he went out the first 400 (24&change timed from the gate - no run up).  

fivestaryak

3/2/18

To my eye a generational improvement of Almutawakel.  The influences of Invincible Spirit, Sadlers Wells and Darshaan...pretty serious stuff given he took to dirt.   His xx/xx/ND/ND nick is 8-0-0-0-0 in the TC but I wouldn't hold that against this one.  Hope they send/nom him.  

In reply toRe: msg 8
Wintertrian

3/3/18

Thanks for your thoughts and information everyone.  I really liked him and thought he was worth mentioning as a possible TC contender and also hope he comes over.

princeofdoc

3/3/18

They did say they are late-nominating him, but I think the decision to come over will be based upon performance in the UAE Derby....