Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lookin at Lee   General Discussions

Started Mar-8 by Wintertrian; 351 views.
Wintertrian

Mar-8

On the track right now at Oaklawn.  :)  Missed the break totally in his last race.  Hasn't won since 2016.  Yet he's a millionaire.  

Got Even is hard to get by, very game horse. 
Money Talker and Rocky Tough in here too.  

DogsUp

Mar-8

Looking At Lee was my 2017 Kentucky Derby early Delta colt in January of that year. He scratched and crawled his way into just getting a final qualifying points  for a gate and run for the roses. He Delta-ed and Delta-ed; no matter what.

Track came up wet that first Saturday in May; and a remarkable ride along the wood ala Cal Borel-type by  jockey Corie Laniere came a jaunt and his second place finish made him the Delta runner. For sure.

This year's Delta colt, Avery Island,  has ran races at the Big A, New York. The weather was/still is  unseasonably Cold and the track surface slow and the winds cold and fast. NYRA may very well cancel tomorrow. The colt did not have to do more than see a waving whip cross his eyes going to the wire while having the next place finisher well in check.

The Delta horse is..only.. one who is used to set the scale for runners above and below him. And used to compare him to others who have run in all the point races leading to the final double decade of runners selected for The Derby.

His mile and eighth to date runs are neighboring ~1:52, 1:51 and pointing to Louisiana Derby; about 1:50 + ticks should do it counting on his endurance of the third at this distance.

On a very personal note; my compadres here have not heard from me as frequently over the last two months as when I used to write 'War and Peace' to explain what a Win bet means.

Alzheimer's has taken my relationship of 19 years. In the last two months. I had to let go of my Lianne to her family and assisted living.  There is no more.....

Looking At Lee.

In reply toRe: msg 2

"On a very personal note; my compadres here have not heard from me as frequently over the last two months as when I used to write 'War and Peace' to explain what a Win bet means.

Alzheimer's has taken my relationship of 19 years. In the last two months. I had to let go of my Lianne to her family and assisted living.  There is no more.....

Looking At Lee."

I offer my deepest condolences. (:

Gerh

Mar-9

Very sorry to hear that Dogs.

Wintertrian

Mar-10

Aw Dogs, I'm really sorry to hear about this tragic turn of events in your personal life.
All the kinds of "de-escalation" faced by everyone who is aging often seems SO unfair and arbitrary. 

I, for one, really enjoy your posts which are fun to read, witty, and such an interesting perspective.  Esp. the more circuitous ones. :)

I hope you will continue to "make time for us" here.  

DogsUp

Mar-10

All my friends here .. Thanks so kindly. For years I have always enjoyed reaching out to the group especially for the human element of the so very sincere and quality people here.. Then for horses and some horsing around.

Over the years, I know that all the regulars along  the way sooner or later realized that The DogsUp liked to stir up the soup pot to get everyone to weigh in. Believe me, I had some great chuckles when people thought some guy in Upstate NY was that serious about such a Foolish Pleasure we are all so fortunate to enjoy. And enjoy together.

Life goes on.....and as I frequently have signed off...

Enjoy the trip..Life's and racing's.

My sincerest thanks to my long distance friends.

(d)

In reply toRe: msg 6
cubs.fan

Mar-10

Very sorry to hear that, Dogs. My FIL is battling some of the same issues, and it is not something anyone would want to see.

DogsUp

Mar-11

Well said. It is a disease you can see and witness. I experienced that caregivers for Alzheimer's go through the most trying of times.

My best Cubs

(d)