Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mudders   Triple Crown

Started Apr-5 by Wintertrian; 622 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-5

Can we start this NOW, in case Derby comes up muddy/wet?  usually we are scrambling last minute when the weather changes. :)  Would be good to have a list, right?  THIS WILL ALSO HELP WITH THIS WEEKENDS PREP RACES....keenland snow, SA might rain!

I'll start, but depending on others to add since I can't look up every race.  Also "breeding for mud" is acceptable as well. 

Southwest Stakes: ran ITM on muddy sealed track
My Boy Jack
Combatant
Sporting Chance

Dixiana Bourbon: muddy sealed track 
Flameaway won 
Arawak ran 6th 

Saratoga Skidmore: rainy sealed track
Flameaway won  

San Felipe (showery---dunno if this qualifies???
McKenzie (DQed)
Bolt d' Oro
Kathanka

Jeff Ruby Stake (showery----dunno if this counts?)
Blended Citizen won
Arawak 3rd

Allowance 1 mile Santa Anita: muddy sealed 
Justify
Shivermetimbers
Pepe Tono

Maiden spc wt, SA 1 mile: (sloppy sealed)
Heartfullofstars 1st
Jimmy Chila 3rd)

Oldbettowin

Apr-6

Any of them come from mid-pack with 20# of mud caked on them? :P

Wintertrian

Apr-6

Oldbettowin said...

Any of them come from mid-pack with 20# of mud caked on them? :P

Yes, and any horse can win anything.  I was looking for help with research on horses who have run ITM on mud/slop, or have the pedidgree to do so.  If you can help with that, I'd be grateful, since I can't go thru 50+ races due to time considerations.

Oldbettowin

Apr-6

Sorry to sound flippant.  I usually just hope someone shows up here with the figs on who should be able to handle the slop.  But if its bad I usually just don't bet.

Wintertrian

Apr-6

Oaklawn being my home track, I've gotten used to slop and mud....it rains a lot here, esp now during rainy season.  The track was a mess today.

sovereign1

Apr-13

What about the Curlins or Tapits?

In reply toRe: msg 6
Wintertrian

Apr-29

hey guys n gals, I don't see any posts relating to if the track comes up wet.  Surely we need to have a Plan B for this?  It's getting to be around that time to start looking at scenarios....post position won't matter much in this scenario.   Let's get started.

I looked over all the races where there was slop, about 13 years worth of recent races that came up on slop. 

if I get time to go over the dosage and CMP but looking at 1st/2nd runners in years with slop, you want dosage index of at least 3.00 for the exacta......toss the stamina guys, even for the trifecta.    Battle of Midway (my delta horse last year) had a DI of 2.83 and that was the lowest that came in for the trifecta in the slop years 2004 until now.