Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bolt   Triple Crown

Started Apr-9 by sphenis; 767 views.
sphenis

Apr-9

New rider coming.  Maybe V. Espinosa but Ruis says he hasn't decided yet.

Castellano will ride Audible for Todd. He said loyalty to Todd/WinStar were the reasons. Johnny V stays with Vino Rosso (article in DRF makes it sound like he chose Rosso over Audible).

What do you make of all this? Castellano wants to add the Derby to his resume and gives up the Bolt. 

DogsUp

Apr-9

Johnny V takes 1st calls for Todd and the owner ..Mike Repole. Done deal.

Gerh

Apr-9

Castellano rides a lot of Pletcher’s horses so this doesn’t surprise me.Would love to see Calvin on Bolt

In reply toRe: msg 3
DogsUp

Apr-9

Castillano would take a Chad Brown runner as Chad's go to Guy. First call expected.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Gerh

Apr-9

Not shy about using the Ortiz brothers either

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wintertrian

Apr-9

Only time I consider jockeys is when / if there is a really bad "match" between rider and horse.   Or for a certain track.

Or in the case of a rider trying to win honors under the gun, like Santana is now --- he's got 997 wins and needs 3 more.  4 more days of racing at OP......he'll get it but still, *motivation*

smartyslew

Apr-9

i like jv's choice between those 2. 

Gerh

Apr-9

Almost every year,Pletcher seems to lose a contender close to the derby.Could be interesting if it happens this year

In reply toRe: msg 8
RAESFAN

Apr-10

It's official, Espinoza gets the ride on Bolt.

sphenis

Apr-10

O.k. Raes. Now that this got sorted out, my question is this....does Castellano believe Audible has a better chance than Bolt to win the Derby? Or maybe an equal chance and therefore stick with the team that helped form your hall of fame career?