Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

KY Derby Funky Exotic wagers   Triple Crown

Started 4/11/18 by Wintertrian; 2980 views.
Wintertrian

4/11/18

Too early until the field is set, but every year we do the funky exotic tickets, mine is always "homebreds" so I will eventually post that one up later on.

This year you can make a ticket with just  apollo's or unraced dams or Curlins or Scat Daddys, etc.  Every year members come up with some great ones.

Here's one and I'm going to make it into a guessing game, Jeopardy game style:   What is:

Enticed
Restoring Hope
Good Magic
Sporting Chance
Firenze Fire

No need to wait for ARK Derby or Lexington for this one, so I was able to do it early, since what I based it on the AR and LEX are not pertient.  So how did I come up with this ticket?   ROTFL  Have fun!

Oldbettowin

4/11/18

The Wizard of Oz?  The only one I’m not sure about is Sporting Chance.

It’s Tricky

Symbol of Freedom (Tap Your Heels, Ruby Slippers)

Glinda the Good

Wynning Ride (?)

My Every Wish

RAESFAN

4/11/18

The present president Enticed voters to elect him, Restoring Hope to the middle class which was shrinking due to establishment policies, even though it would require Good Magic to "drain the swamp" using the same Goldman Sachs people in his cabinet. But we figured there would be a Sporting Chance that he could succeed, and get us out of all those foreign conflicts, but now we are looking at raining Firenze Fire on Syria.

DogsUp

4/11/18

Quite a Quip! Many would Justify.

princeofdoc

4/11/18

And the capitol was Flameaway while the occupant played Mendelssohn on the fiddle....

Oldbettowin

4/11/18

If Solomini was O Sole Mio we could do a music one.  Just add Mendelssohn, Audible, and maybe Vino Rosso—his name keeps making me hear the UB40 version of Red Red Wine.

smartyslew

4/11/18

i have no clue and i'm not researching it,

But i do like your answer!!!

Wintertrian

4/11/18

okay here's another clue.  The horses that were not named:

1) Didn't win or place in certain "key" races, OR,  did win but are not in the KY Derby for 2018 (i.e. Engage & Therapist)

2) Horses not included in my riddle List of 5 is because one of the "key" races isn't held anymore

3)  (and this is a BIG clue)  That race not held anymore is the Garden State Stakes.

Ya'll are gonna love this.  I'm hoping someone will get it.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Wintertrian

4/12/18

last chance.  :)

Thinking caps.  When you know the answer you'll kick yourselves

In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

4/13/18

Okay okay, I know you guys are chomping at the bit to know the answer to what my 5-horse box represents, and how it was chosen  So here's the answer.

Here is the 5 horse box again:
Enticed
Restoring Hope
Good Magic
Sporting Chance
Firenze Fire

Each horse I chose did one of the following:

Ran 1st in the Sanford
Ran 1st in the Hopeful
Ran 1st in the Belmont Futurity
Ran 2nd in the Champagne
Ran 1st in the Gotham
Ran 3rd in the Wood Memorial

Ran 1st in the Laurel Futurity but are not in the 2018 KY Derby (Therapist) so not included
Ran 1st in the Bayshore but are not in the 2018 KY Derby (Engage) so not included

The Jeopardy answer would be:   What was Secretariat's road to the Ky Derby?

(I really think I should play this box, at least as an exacta or tri. :)) Maybe every year......cuz it's kinda *magical*. 
Between this and my homebred box, I'm bound to hit a big score someday when the odds are *just right*, huh????