Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Unique Bella   General Discussions

Started Apr-13 by Wintertrian; 239 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-13

Mike Smith on the grounds with Unique Bella right now.  Next race.  

Hope she doesn't mind a bit o' rain.    The real rain hasn't started yet, I expect that later in the evening.

Smith came in 3rd in his other race, allowing us to get $25 on the win horse. 

princeofdoc

Apr-13

I had the other horse too!  Remember how often you tell us about how good Cox is, especially with the girls :)

I couldn't understand how the OP crowd would make Smith's horse such a favorite.....coming in 3rd was impressive, as that filly cannot last long.

Too bad about Unique Bella missing the break...certainly cost her the race.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Apr-13

Pletcher used top OP rider Santana, and beat Unique Bella. :(

Wintertrian

Apr-13

Yes it was a shame.  BTW did you notice the longshots coming in today?  pretty much all week there's been a few nice payouts.

RAESFAN

Apr-14

I believe what cost her the race was a dreadful ride by Smith. He cost her with an equally poor ride in the BC. After the break, he should have been satisfied with simply putting her in the race mid-pack, rather than circling the field well wide on the first turn, to chase after a 17-1 shot. In the LA Woman and the La Brea, she tracked the early leaders, so she does not have to be on the lead, while she often ends up their due to her superior cruising speed. The fact that she hung on gamely for second, even coming back a bit at the end, shows that with a less taxing trip, she wins this race.

• Edited April 14, 2018 2:09 am  by  RAESFAN