Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Too Early for Preakness Talk ? Nope ...LOL !!!   Triple Crown

Started May-7 by runforest; 5005 views.
runforest

May-7

Crazy good Derby Day for myself ...but that's in the past .... time to focus on the Preakness ... 

I think Good Magic ( Identical numbers with Dosage and CD that Exaggerator had when he finished 2nd in Derby and won in the Preakness ) ....should give Justify a run for the Preakness , if not win ....

Audible will be bet heavily in the Preakness as well ...only 1 time in last 47 years a horse with his numbered Index has won the Preakness ... Audible cost me the Trifecta because of that same number though ...so as u know anything will and can happen in horse racing ... 

Oldbettowin

May-7

Who from the derby is confirmed for the Preskness besides Justify?  All I've heard is Bravazo.

runforest

May-7

I have not heard .... sorry .... not sure where to check , either .... but if Good Magic and Audible run in the Preakness ...the stats are good to go ...

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/triple-crown/small-preakness-field-could-include-derby-runner-up-good-magic/

https://www.app.com/story/sports/horses/2018/05/05/2018-preakness-4-horses-watch-info-tv-time/583985002/

Peace

PISTOL9

May-7

That was already a given.  Probably Sporting Chance as well.  I went with SC in the PD mile, chart indicates he checked and looks like he lost 8 lengths around that time.  typical of my day.

princeofdoc

May-7

Neither Audible nor Good Magic are likely for the Preakness.....

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wintertrian

May-7

very few derby entrants will run.  Field will be short.  Apparently many who ran in derby came back to barn with boo-boos.

Nothing especially unusual about that for the reasons I mentioned above.  Apparently many think Justify is a super horse.  I'm not quite there yet.

We have seen this scenario before.

KonaNative

May-7

D Wayne Lucas will bring every horse he can. Plus a few local horses.

Wintertrian

May-7

Husker (Birdman506) said...

Apparently many think Justify is a super horse

There were clockers like Andrew Harrington who gave Justify a "he's the real deal"  back in mid February.  Before his first 7F race.  

He didn't show up in the futures pool until Pool 3.

In reply toRe: msg 1
runforest

May-7

Listening to Sirius radio this morn ... "At the Races with Steve Byk "... he said they noticed a limp to Justify's Left Hind Leg ??? I cannot find anymore proof on the Web in regards to what I heard ....