Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trying to put together a Pic 3 on Sat even though it will pay probably zip    Triple Crown

Started May-17 by runforest; 491 views.
runforest

May-17

Working on the Sir Barton Race 12 ... trying to hit the super in this baby ...realize because of the weather this may be difficult , but why go for it ... 

May-16

Horses shipping in after a Keeneland prep have done very well in the Preakness since they switched to dirt.

Pony Up .. raced 3rd closing at same distance with Grade 3 ...now the drop in class 

If Baffert has Ax Man ready ( which I paper he does ) ...that 101 Beyer vs  54 K Maiden Special Weight , is very solid ... Unraced as a 2year old .... 

Prince Lucky ... New Trainer / Jockey and won over the track ....not sure what the G means before the L ( Lasix ) ??? anyone ???

G L 116 ... 

Title Ready ...another horse to consider , but that post may hurt ? Has the class to compete here ... Asmussen horse ... 

Not complete tosses yet ...Forest Fire ... won on a muddy track at Laurel vs cheaper 

Dream baby Dream ....has some class but lost to Title Ready 

Takedown has a win over the track vs cheaper ... 

So far ...may change ... looking at 

Exacta ....2,8 / 1,2,6,8,9,10,11

Tri 2,8,/ 1,2,6,8,9,10,11 / 1,2,6,8,9,10,11 ....if not too costly ...lol

Super 2,8,/ 1,2,6,8,9,10,11 / 1,2,6,8,9,10,11 / all....if not too costly ...lol

Anyone interested in talking about this race ...pipe in ....

DogsUpBigE

May-17

The G next to the Lasix L signifies the horse has been Gelded. And is running his 1st time as a gelding. 

runforest

May-17

Much appreciate the help ... thank u !!!

In reply toRe: msg 1
PISTOL9

May-17

Ugh, they used to have that Dixie right up against the Preakness, now have that turf sprint leading off P3.  Makes me even less inclined to bet anything.  I Paddy O Prado /Shackleford double was a good one.  Had some others in the Dixie over the years, don't like this setup.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PISTOL9

May-19

Now all but the Gallorette off the turf, four horse left I think in the Dixie.  And that cheap turf sprint they put in the middle of all the P# is moved to dirt.  My betting will be near nil.  Should just protest and not bet verticals at all. Terrible decision to put that race there.

Is the Dixie still considered a G2 after off turf and all the scratches?  Easy black type.

Old Time Revival better than current odds, may try across on this one just in case.  2-5 fav put away the other speed I tried to beat him with.  Either impressive or had the sweet spot.

Like Laki as a price horse in 10th.  Does Santana have the sweet spot on the track. 

On dirt playing that combo a little in 11th, but mostly the 7.  Nothing in the next three races, probably continued chalk, with that said, it now will be bombs. P3 may pay a buck.

With GM 5-1 might have to do a contratian tri with him on top.  But main play will be straight tri and super and hope.

• Edited May 19, 2018 5:24 pm  by  PISTOL9
runforest

May-20

Hit the pic 3 and 4 but paid zip .... hit the exacta , tri and super in Preakness .. cleared $300 for the day , bet on 5 races all at Pimlico ... Dude if that 8 would have beat Justify ... real nice payday here , but I'm good with the 3 bills on the day ....on to the Belmont we go ... 

Thanks again for all your help ... and feedback 

PISTOL9

May-21

had $12 on p3, but the P4 went for a longer price for straight p4 since did not expect anything with favs would pay anything across the last three races so went for it there as I felt it had more of a chance of an upset than the next two races.   Everything I played was straight, tri and super as well.   I did put down a good last minute place show on Justify after noticing the pools, he ended up paying same for place as the W and $0.20 difference for show.