Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Belmont Stks DogsUp Delta Details   Triple Crown

Started 5/21/18 by DogsUpBigE; 7859 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

6/1/18

Overanalyze vs Street Smart.

A great colt like Justify comes along going into his undefeated Triple Crown finale always in a crop of 3 year old mediocre contenders..

Oldbettowin

6/1/18

I never bought the hype about this being such a stellar crop.

DogsUp

6/1/18

Agree, and the pundits have not, as a source, touted this bunch as extra special.

Thoroughbred horse racing tragedy!

The smoking room at OTB via county mandate: no smoking. :)

Oldbettowin

6/1/18

No smoking in the smoking room?  Lol.

Johnny Carson when someone asked if he smoked after sex...I don't know, I've never checked!

RAESFAN

6/2/18

The jury is still out. The two first legs were run on very wet tracks. Not everyone is fond of that. In the Belmont, he won't be facing the best of the crop, but I will still take a shot with Hofburg.

Just in case no one noticed, Catholic Boy returned to the winner's circle today. He defeated previously unbeaten Analyze It. Looks to be fully healed!

Wintertrian

6/3/18

Yes, I saw Catholic Boy win today.  Very nice race. 

I like Hofburg.  I am just getting Wicked Strong vibes off him....they seem to have similar running styles? 
I was thinking of using him 2nd and 4th in a superfecta.  

RAESFAN

6/3/18

I thought Hofburg was a major player in the Derby. I had him as high as the two spot going in. His line for that race read, "brushed at the start, steadied twice". He entered the stretch about 17 lengths back, and cut the margin in half. He is probably the most inexperienced horse in the race, with huge upside in my opinion. I am confident he will be running at the end of this race, while some others will be gasping for air like fish out of water. He will be my upset pick, so I hope some others, like Justify obviously, and maybe Blended Citizen, Vino Rosso, or some other horse, get bet down. I might even get double figures on him.

Oldbettowin

6/3/18

He’s second in the betting right now, even lower than Bravazo.  With his sire he’s probably going to stay 2nd or 3rd choice too would be my guess.

DogsUp

6/3/18

The jockey aboard Hofberg, Irad, who is The jockey on the NYRA circuit, Irad  Ortiz Jr, gives/provides much of the weight given to the odds and chances for Hoffy.  My feel is this runner is not seasoned enough to provide the jockey's  skills and comport to his hand and feet maneuvers to go around the long ball distance and this surface composition. 

Watched Blended Citizen work Saturday, his size hoofs  and digging the dirt look well suited for Big Sandy.

This Catholic Boy bet that Catholic Boy up, down and sideways. Thank God! Novena's worth.

SameSteve G

6/3/18

Citizen is proven on the surface, Dogs.  Simple.