Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

belmont stakes contenders updated conduit   Triple Crown

Started 5/22/18 by smartyslew; 5320 views.
Oldbettowin

5/27/18

The Belmont was Go and Go’s first race on dirt.

Wintertrian

5/27/18

Can you do his number of non-Pharlaris lines?   :)  thought it was a neat angle :)

SameSteve G

5/27/18

2 races.  Both at 10 f.,  first one in April in a field of 4 horses, run in heavy going, won by 9 1/2 L. & took 2:42.7 to complete.  That must have been a true bog to take that long (rated :40.7 slow to standard)  Toting 131 lbs.

In May, 4 horse field, 10 f., Bandua won again in soft to heavy going in 2:26.49.  Toting 136 lbs.

This horse is all bottom.  Dropping 10 pounds & running on primarily sand with a clay/silt mixture & considering his breeding, he should be skipping over it.  Whether or not he can handle the pace elements is another story.  Very inexperienced, as well.

He will be a big price.

cubs.fan

5/27/18

Owned by Calumet. I figure they'll latch him onto Justify for as long as he can sustain the pace.

• Edited May 27, 2018 9:23 pm  by  cubs.fan
smartyslew

5/28/18

don't forget to list the byerley turk and godolphin lines in your non phalaris.

key use to be dam side line 24 to line 32 for bt and g.

smartyslew

5/28/18

thanks for that! i think he has access to big training site in Ireland.no telling what happens their,
he is one of those trainers that doesn't take horses anywhere, horses take him.

its hard to bet him, works will have to be good for me to put on a ticket, underneath.

Wintertrian

5/28/18

thank you!  you really made some serious progress on those cmp's and fast.

Now if I can just learn a little more about how to read them, and triads. l've gotten hopelessly behind due to life circumstances last few years when I had planned on "studying" more   LOL

SameSteve G

5/28/18

I was there in 1990 to see Unbridled...I was a big fan of that one & watched Kinane on Go And Go dismantle the field & win by open lengths in a very respectable time...2:27 & change.

Of course, Go And Go was far more seasoned. 

I hear you, though, about Dermot Weld which is why Bandua is intriguing despite the way he's getting here off those two races.