Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can City Of Light get 10F?   General Discussions

Started May-25 by RAESFAN; 219 views.
RAESFAN

May-25

I really am intrigued with this horse. He was thought to possibly be an elite sprinter after winning the Malibu, but his connections  apparently had a dream. After taking down the talented Accelerate in the 9f Oaklawn Handicap, they set their sights on the Gold Cup in Santa Anita at 10f. They seem to have the BC Classic and maybe even the Dubai Classic in their sights. I'm excited for them. Looking at his breeding, I don't see anything glaring that should get in his way. i'll let the gurus, that delve more deeply into such things, tell me different. I think this horse may be special. One thing I did notice, is that Somethingroyal, dam of Secretariat, shows up three times in his first 6 generations. We talk a lot about the Bold Ruler line, but how has her progeny done through the years?

Oldbettowin

May-25

Most think Secretariat got his large heart from Princequillo via Somethingroyal and he does have her in at least a couple of passing positions.  That's why Big Red has been so much more of an influence on the dam side instead of in the sireline, with the notable exception of Risen Star.  Quality Road as CoL's sire might give me pause for 10 furlongs but he might have the right mix.

smartyslew

May-25

8 of the last 10 derby winners have Princequillo in a passing position.

the only 2 that didn't  orb had Buckpasser 1x, war, ad, blue lark, large hearts
and animal kingdom who had Mahmoud and War adm. in a pp position

its a strong angle for the Belmont also'

earlier this year somewhere on here i listed all the derby entrants with some data includes Princquillo in a pp.

this was justify. (Q= Princequillo in a pp,(8th gen)   1x= la troiene in a pp.)
with outdated cmp from ped query

the bad news this year for the derby 16 entrants had Q in a PP.
because of the time line Q is the youngest of the big 4 large hearts, he will show up more.

Justify below: qualified for angle with 1 line of Q

9.Justify  1h  13-15= .96, sc daddy/ghost/ 1 Q-8th,1 1x-6th
(20)3.00 cd .75, scat/mrp/dep min/pulpit
-
lot to like with City of light, he has one of my favorite BMSIRE: dehere

RAESFAN

May-25

Thanks for the info guys. I look forward to the Gold Cup. If he was a speedster that held on to win the Oaklawn Handicap, I might have pause, but he won like a true router, from the outside gate.

PISTOL9

May-26

Nothing in his pedigree that I see that would sour me off of him.  Quality Road sire, over Dehere mare, then half to Sec and Sir Gaylord,  ff 2 is generally a solid family, not obscure.