Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Meet the Milers   Handicapping

Started 5/28/18 by Plus2lbs; 11290 views.
Plus2lbs

6/17/18

I'm usually looking at the legs.

Don't know about the "hugging and nipping" post parade angle.

Trainer of my throw out, #6 Black Tide, just won stakes at Monmouth, 7/1.

• Edited June 17, 2018 4:57 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Plus2lbs

6/17/18

Well opening odds are where I thought they would be..now if the race unfolds how I suspect..could be a good day.

I'm expecting a quick break, being on the inside I would like to see #1 Force the Pass, "force the issue".  I think Lezcano can keep him in touch and hold off the deep closers.

Father's Day win for Papa Goldberg, trainer of this colt and also  trained the momma.

Threats in the lane come from 2,7,8, just will be holding my breath down the lane.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's..let's get this one home..

odds floated up..11/1 10 MTP

• Edited June 17, 2018 5:45 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Plus2lbs

6/17/18

You had it..

And a course record.

Race was over when the outside speed cleared.  Not what I had hoped.

Time to start grilling..

• Edited June 17, 2018 6:05 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Oldbettowin

6/17/18

Well I didn’t bet on it.  It’s always easier to pick them with no skin in the game isn’t it?  Lol

Two course records on the same day?  They were cooking before you!

SameSteve G

6/18/18

Plus2lbs said:

And a course record.

Concrete spray painted green to look like grass.   

Plus2lbs

6/18/18

Lezcano disappointed on the #1 horse..needed to force the issue and keep the rail, the course configuration leaves you only that option from the 1 hole. Johnny V gave it up on the two horse as well.

Anyway, expected a better finish from a few of these but no dice.

• Edited June 18, 2018 11:01 am  by  Plus2lbs
Wintertrian

6/25/18

Love your topic, and the name for it, too.  
Keep it going.  
Not betting, just reading for interest

Plus2lbs

6/27/18

Quick look over entries for this Saturday..

Monmouth has a fine card for United Nations Stakes day..Woodbine also looks appetizing

But looking at Belmont R4..The Perfect Sting.

F+M 4 and up..1 M turf..

I think the prevailing thought will be that #2 La Sardane can run these off there feet..beaten some very nice horses in her travels..drops in class from a fast GR.3..even money would be about right in my eyes.  Should get nice trip behind leaders..I expect to sit in between or on the rail going into the backstretch behind the #1 and #7.

#1 Feeling Bossy....wow..take a look at these connections..winning everything right now..don't think the horse is up to it..running shoes early..walking shoes late.

#7 Pas de Soucis...sounds like "pack the suitcase" to me..shipped out of CB's barn, stepped up and got nailed. Only chance seems to be to gun it from the gate and try to outlast La Sardane.  Will be prominent, but no call at wire.

#3 Lido..like this horse's name..love her breeding. Just not sure the distance suits. Has alot to like off past performances and the drop down from her last race could put her in a good spot..capable of outshining all off these..needs to sit 3rd or 4th and come out in the lane..extremely possible and my expected odds of 7/1..make her make me giddy.

#4 Thais..hmmmm..nothing but the best riders for this filly..CB trained..one of those French one's CB turns into BC winners..you know how it goes. Steps up in class from last, methinks that one was just a confidence builder. She was bet like a good thing and won like one. Money Mike Smith hops on and should be coming late..this time need him to come up short.

#5 Princess Gibraltar..don't think will get a run here..

now bet her with both hands..LOL

#6 In the Lee..very in and out. On the out cycle. Expect to run a good race. Connections own NY..Tapit filly will be pushing the pace..and could go along way

• Edited June 30, 2018 11:39 am  by  Plus2lbs
Plus2lbs

6/28/18

Glad it interests you, I probably shouldn't bet my picks as well..LOL.. judging from the first few results. 

Still believe I have stronger convictions in theses type of races. I enjoy them too..

In reply toRe: msg 18
Plus2lbs

6/30/18

Opening odds on #3 make me giddy..7/1

Expect her to get 1st jump on these..

W/P #3 Lido..go on baby.