Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Blended Citizen's chances?   Triple Crown

Started Jun-2 by bestgtor22; 2221 views.
bestgtor22

Jun-2

What do people here think of Blended Citizen's chances in this race. I have noticed a few people connected to the Belmont track are convinced he is going to have a great run and if Justify isn't up to the task he will be the most likely winner. They say he just loves the track and has looked great in training. 

He should get pretty good odds and he does have a pretty long stride which is probably good for the Belmont. They are using blinkers on him recently to keep him closer to the pace early in the race.

Oldbettowin

Jun-2

I like BC for several reasons, from pedigree to energy distribution to projected 12f time.  It definitely helps his chances IMO that Noble Indy is in the race and Justify (probably?) won’t be able to gallop along on the lead at his own leisure.  

BC’s nick has fared much better on dirt than on either AW or turf, and I don’t think we’ve seen his best yet.

bestgtor22

Jun-2

I think I will be using him myself and the talk about him from a few people that have seen him there for the past weeks doesn't hurt either. If he stays close to the front runners I think he just might be able to grind out a win here. I am not sold on Justify liking the extra 1/4 mile either especially if he is softened up a little.

cubs.fan

Jun-2

He'll be my second key in the race. If he can at least maintain position on the final turn, I think he can grind away and reel in Justify/Noble Indy. Will he be able to hold off Hofburg? Not sure.

Wintertrian

Jun-3

his odds are dropping like an anchor in Vegas. 

Oldbettowin

Jun-3

Still around 12 to 14-1, which sounds about right for him.  Hofburg’s a huge underlay right now.  Even Gronk’s down to 15-1.  On the other hand, Noble Indy is up around 30-1....hmmm.

SameSteve G

Jun-3

Oldbettowin said:

Even Gronk’s down to 15-1.

That's Chad Brown taking money.  If Gronk was still with Noseda he'd be 25-1 or higher.

In reply toRe: msg 8
DogsUp

Jun-3

The odds drop as the size of the field dropped from 12 to now 9 with a week to go.!

Overanalyze vs Street Sense,.....

One can take a NASA computer loaded it with their stuff, but ticket construction must in the end= 

THe OCcurrence. All races since time began; and once posted official..are simply a distance and time measured,......Occurrence.

Think the Ticket (S) (d)

Oldbettowin

Jun-3

Which nine?  Have you been talking to Miss Clio?