Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Belmont post positions   Triple Crown

Started 6/5/18 by Oldbettowin; 5957 views.
Northof64

6/6/18

Hi Yak,

If I recall you were a Commissioner fan back in 14.  Thought you may take a shine to Noble Indy with the API sire.  Must not like the other side I presume.

North 

fivestaryak

6/6/18

One of my luckier tc races having the top three in order with the dh in 4th.  Had a bunch of tickets that worked but came up just short of six figures.  I like Hofburg's chances but not so much for Noble Indy.  Closest lines was Commanding Curve...and he had better names and other stuff.  I looked at Noble Indy a number of times since anything can win this leg; just could not do it.  Hopefully you will be using him should he run well---always good for someone here to cash.

Northof64

6/6/18

That was my best ever year. Not near what you made but enough to pour a 2 tiered concrete patio with extended sidewalks to my wood shed and fire pit.  Topped it off with a custom made metal sign with a horse and jockey in full stride and the words Triple Crown Terrace on it.  I should post a picture of it someday (if I knew how).  Now if I could only get the Superfecta shed :) Good luck to you!!

North

fivestaryak

6/6/18

Description was just as good as a picture...life's great; nice job!  I had to go the screened-in Florida room vs patio and brick path vs concrete, but it all works. Like the idea of the sign; i'd put one up but the skeeters here from time to time might fly off with it.  Having a bunch of shore line on a lake has its advantages...bugs ain't one of them.

Keep at it...that superfecta shed will happen.

SameSteve G

6/6/18

Hey my friend, I'm glad to see you back over here.  I'm worrying now about Tenfold since you laid down those numbers because I really like the way he's coming into this race & plan on using him.  I had no idea about that, which I'm sure doesn't surprise you.  Perhaps he'll confound the 2nd/3rd leg bugaboo.

Is the Halifax trip still a go?  I hope so.

Fluke & Blues in Moriches Bay.  Multi-rod action.  I have an old friend who keeps a little whaler with a 25 horse kicker right on the bay.  Nice!   My feline friend is digging on his portions of fresh fish.

RAESFAN

6/6/18

Speaking of the undercard, I am really sorry that Mitole(Asmussen) is not in the Woody Stephens. He is one fast horse, that I'm looking for down the road, perhaps in the BC Sprint.

Wintertrian

6/6/18

RAESFAN said...

Speaking of the undercard, I am really sorry that Mitole(Asmussen) is not in the Woody Stephens. He is one fast horse, that I'm looking for down the road, perhaps in the BC Sprint.

I've seen him a few times, very nice horse, may even be better than Whitmore. 

Wintertrian

6/6/18

fsy, I just don't know about Vino.  I have found him suspect in many ways and like a friend says, they took the path of least resistance with him.  I didn't even like his Wood, so.....
Yet scared to leave him off ticket of course.

fivestaryak

6/6/18

On for September in Glenville; place I've stayed at in the past that is useful for fishing and safe, heavy drinking.  Although I fight it, food is okay.

I've never been lucky enough to fish Moriches but have been told it can be a productive fishery.  Good to hear Giacomo is well.  I spent a day on Moriches a number of years back on a 36 foot catalina with the jib wrapped...nice day with only the main needed.  There is much water there and a decent chop if I recall; a whaler with any kicker is a great choice.  I thought about picking up a small whaler a few years back but too many obstructions that don't work well with fiberglass; especially when Georgia holds back water and the lake levels takes a hit.  

Tenfold's sire makes him a player; just not ready to jump on board with that API/SC bottom nick.  Just about all of them should be done early so backing a Curlin boy ain't a bad thing.  

Not that high on Vino Rosso's bottom but against my grain to not include a MrP somewhere.  He ran in both the Sam Davis and Tampa Bay Derby with a 9th in the Derby.  Not the best numbers but Davis runners in the Belmont are 14-1-4-1-0 and those that ran in the Sam Davis and/or the Tampa Bay Derby are 24-1-4-1-3.  Interesting that 10 more runners in the Tampa Bay Derby could only add 3 fourths in the Belmont.  Tough to shut out all the MrP's, regardless of the legs they ran heading into the long one.  

All three MrP's will be included in my big box, but I would probably pass on Blended and Tenfold if I could only use a few.  Go Blended and Tenfold!!

In reply toRe: msg 50
Wintertrian

6/6/18

I'm a person who "feels luck coming on" and the year tonalist / Commish I could not wait to get to the track to place my wager.  My mom had given me 1-11 and that was also my street address at the time, but I had been waiting for Commish to run in a race, because that pedigree was killler.

I have not felt that way this TC season, nor last TC season, so I am not real excited.  As a matter of fact, over last 3-4 years my horse racing profits have been quite dismal.   I dunno if that's a reflection of my "inner attitude" about U.S. racing  coloring my subconscious or what....I think that is part of it.  Some kind of joy/bliss has gone out of it and probably affects my picks.   (I still do well at Oaklawn but more like trading money for 4 months, whiich is okay cuz as a recreational pursuit I love love love going to the track and as long as I can pay my way and get some food and drink in the bargain, plus a great day outdoors, I'm happy!)

When I have won big things (not just horse races) it has often been "I don't feel like leaving the house",  but then at last minute something says "you have to go and go now!" and usually that premonition is correct.

I once did not get on an elevator in NYC and also moved out of a rent house I was renting w/others while in college, and the inhabitants of both were dead w/in 2 weeks (elevator shaft malfunction/gas water heater malfunction while everyone was asleep). 

I have very good premonitions for some reason, when and if they come.   It's just that they only come rarely, and I guess that's okay.