Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stephen Foster   Handicapping

Started 6/14/18 by Oldbettowin; 1150 views.
RAESFAN

6/16/18

You too? It's only June and it's steaming down here. Not a good sign. No more storms!

I like Backyard Heaven, but his odds are very short. Pavel at a price?

Oldbettowin

6/16/18

Pavel put it together for the win at 7-1.  Backyard Heaven faded in the stretch and finished 6th.  Irish War Cry pulled up and was vanned off :( Hope he’s okay.

They charged $10 just for admission today; a seat in the grandstand was $25!  I guess because they were parading Justify, I don’t know.  Nice way to treat the fans, gouge them whenever you can.  

cubs.fan

6/16/18

Thought maybe they'd learn a lesson from Lee's last race. Put him near the pace and let him try to grind his way to the winner's circle. No chance from so far out of it. Pavel was impossible in this race at those odds, he came into this race way off form.

RAESFAN

6/16/18

Wouldn't you know? Just the day I decided to stay at home. I'd have taken 7-1. His recent races weren't all that bad against better. That's why I thought he had a good chance.

DogsUpBigE

6/16/18

Lee beat a cheap bunch, last, and I owed him some thought underneath.

Fav a dirt runner purchase by a guy who breeds and races grass runners, Ken Ramsey, Backyard Hvn

was too green for these. 

PISTOL9

6/17/18

Looks like we were on the same horses, I had IWC, Honorable Duty then Hawaakom.  IWC looked to be in the perfect spot, then someone said he was pulled up.  I thought I had killed another, I read he was vanned off, so I guess he is ok.  I would have had good day if he won, Pavel would mess up my tri though, plus Hawaakom getting nipped. I went against heavy favorites Ax Man World Approval and Backyard Heaven, but had nothing to show for it.

CD always charges more for the night racing and the Foster.

Oldbettowin

6/17/18

Yeah but $25?  I don’t remember it ever being that high.  

They say IWC is fine.  Guess we won’t be seeing him anymore in summer races.  Pavel obviously looked like he could win but I doubt if I would have bet on him either—he did have the highest bris speed rating in the race though I think.  It’ll be interesting to see what they do with him between now and the BC.  

RAESFAN

6/17/18

His Bris ratings and his consecutive fourth place finishes to the best older horses are what landed me on him if I was looking for a price. Seven to one isn't the greatest, but I couldn't take 6/5 on Backyard Heaven. Sixteen bucks for two ain't bad!

smartyslew

6/17/18

i think dougo raided bob's feed and supplement supplies.

oh wait i forgot pavel raced in dubai and it took him awhile to get 120%

back in north america.