Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Code of Honor    Pedigree/Breeding

Started 4/24/19 by Ticketman; 3207 views.
princeofdoc

4/26/19

You should care.....the point being made to you is quite simple.  For example, if NO horses with dosage under 1 entered the Derby, of course none would have hit the board.

Another way of looking at it, is: How many horses with that dosage did NOT hit the board?  That will help us with the relevancy....

Wintertrian

4/26/19

smartyslew said...

Danehill is his BMSire

Yes, that was a "whole sentence typo" on my part. :)   I meant BMS
Since he's been in  my top 3 favs all season, I have his pedigree chart hanging on the wall in front of my desk. ;)  
Most people have him running 11th or so. 
Which is very possible.  That doesn't mean I don't like him a whole lot, just as a horse.

you guys know I like McGaughey, heck he was amazing with Personal Ensign, Easy Goer, etc.  Would just love to see him run big here, he's very good with distance horses. Remember back in 2010 I think we may have still been having contests then, not sure, but I was picking  Persistently for the Personal Ensign stakes, I kept saying "heck the trainer trained the darn horse the race was named after!"  anyway, Persistently was over 20-1 odds at the time, and she did win.  

I don't think CoH would have it easy in the derby, he has quite a lot of knocks and everything would really have to go his way......

Wintertrian

4/26/19

Ticketman said...

I can care less how many horses have run under a dosage of 1.00 in the Derby

TM, you're the one who Brought it up!  I wouldn't even be part of the conversation had you not posted that meme. 
And yes, no hard feelings.....we are all friendly here, I was just pointing out the error in the way you computed that.....I thought I was doing you a favor, pointing out that years, w/out giving the actual number of horses who made the Derby gate with a dosage of less than 1.00, is just useless.  The other part about finding stuff humorous had nothing to do with you, since I even said I was referring to other places/forums/stuff I read.   I was not laughing at you.  But I WAS arguing with you, for sure. Not the heated kind though. 

Ticketman

4/26/19

No problem with you at all Winter , but thanks for the reply ... 

I get the point .... 

GL in the Derby 

Ticketman

4/26/19

I get it ...thx 

Wintertrian

4/26/19

Happy Ending.   Best of luck to you in this mind-boggling race! 

Plus2lbs

4/26/19

Greatest 2 minutes in sports..

Ticketman

4/26/19

u too my friend ... 

Working on all entries of derby from 1980 for that Code of Honor angle ...thx for the help ...

ShaddyisBack

4/29/19

Plus, so many out of Europe on the top. Blush Groom way back on the bottom. Looks like a breeding you would see in the year 2001. This group is slower than years past, he could be Animal Kingdom, or just come in 3rd or 4th. 

Cant see him winning as the best of this years horses is still a little better. I dont see anyone this year that could finish top 3 past few years, maybe even further back.

Or speed numbers are just lower.

Who is Magnum Moon this year ?

In reply toRe: msg 21
Ticketman

4/30/19

Went through the last 39 years of entries .... Good luck in the race gents ...