Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Weather - OAKS/DERBY - Rain and more Rain   General Discussions

Started Apr-30 by zowcownow; 522 views.
RAESFAN

Apr-30

I hate that. All the handicapping we do to narrow things down, and then this variable comes in confusing the heck out of me. VekomaRoadsterGame WinnerCode of Honor, and Tax have not raced on a wet track. Tacitus, Spinoff, Maximum Security, War of Will, and Master Fencer have a win in one start over a wet track. Plus Que Parfait, Win Win Win, Cutting Humor, and Improbable have decent 2nd place finishes. Omaha Beach has multiple wins over an off track. it is notable that Plus Que Parfait and War of Will ran well at CD's wet track. I don't see any that seems to particularly despise the surface, although CD can be a different animal, but that's true even if dry. Bottom line for me is I have seen nothing so far that is overwhelming one way or another. I will allow my plans thus far to remain.

NOTE: Just to be clear, this info came from another website that I ran across. I can't attest to its accuracy.

• Edited April 30, 2019 10:07 am  by  RAESFAN
PISTOL9

Apr-30

Heard 20% chance of rain for Saturday, here today.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Wintertrian

Apr-30

With any addd complications such as slop, I will probably just do two w/p/s bets on horses I like, and some completely STRAIGHT trifectas and superfectas with very few horses in each tier, like 2

Can't cap for a million different situations then also cap for slop---and if slop, race will most likely be quite chalky

ChiefsCrown

Apr-30

I noticed on the Brisnet pp's there are no mud speed figs posted. Kinda flying blind if it rains for the derby.